Justice League

Started by mirth, July 24, 2016, 06:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

I thought aquaman was blond

And whos attacking, rhe wicked witch of the west and her flying monkeys.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Make no mistake, Aquaman and the actor's pecs/abs are only there to bring in a certain segment of the population. And LongBlade. ;)

JudgeDredd

This just looks so shite.

Sorry - but it's just bad looking. The DC universe is crying out for great movies to be made as they've got great characters and potentially great stories - but so far, the implementation of anything DC is leaving me really, really cold.

The one take I really liked was Man of Steel. The Batman Dark Knight Trilogy was pretty good. But Suicide Squad was a mess. Batman v Superman had more holes in it than Swiss cheese - AND they killed off Superman!! Wonder Woman wasn't bad.

All of them though - every one of them - suffered from really, really bad CGI.

This looks like it's going to continue the bad CGI trend.  :knuppel2:

I will not be going to see this because I don't want them to get anymore money until they start turning out good stuff.
Alba gu' brath

JasonPratt

Quote from: BanzaiCat on October 09, 2017, 05:52:50 AM
Make no mistake, Aquaman and the actor's pecs/abs are only there to bring in a certain segment of the population. And LongBlade. ;)

Whatever happened to LB? He hasn't been on Steam in practically a year. Is he okay?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

The worrisome review embargo has partially lifted. Partially. Reviewers are allowed to tweet about it.

Wait, mandated under 2 hours??
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

BanzaiCat

That's not enough to get me to go see it. The movie needs to be flat-out blowing audiences away, and then I'd think about it.

DC has made too much shite over the years. I don't trust them at all.

JasonPratt

Fans have been griping that the films seem hellbent on setting up an "Injustice" storyline, without hardly even building up this storyline first.

Now the cast is talking about being up for an "Injustice" storyline next.

See, this is why Warner Brothers cannot have nice things.  :pullhair: "What properties are we making massive money on that we could therefore demonstrably make more massive money on?" "Well Mr. Smithers, we seem to be doing well with the series of "Injustice" fighting games and their spinoff material; and we're busy printing money with a set of original story Lotr games set as prequels to the movie trilogy..."

"Exxxcelllent."

mirth

Going on Saturday with my kiddos. I have moderate expectations.

For the Times, this is a pretty favorable review

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/15/movies/justice-league-review-wonder-woman-batman-dc-comics.html
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

JasonPratt

First, a word from the Dark Lord Sequel:

No unexpectedness here. "It looks like WB spent three to four hundred million dollars to remake Mortal Kombat: Annihilation."  :DD

Now to untie the seven!

And the obligatory end credit sequence.

Angry Joe not available yet. Consult later.

BanzaiCat

DC: BE IMPRESSED PLEASASSSSSEEEEA be impressed BOOM POW BANG SPECKIAL EFFECTOS

Me: Meh

mirth

BanzaiCat

mirth

BanzaiCat

If the reviews are indeed positive I might actually go see it in a theater.

I was somewhat underwhelmed by Wonder Woman despite all the positivity around it. It was certainly better than most DC movies, but no way it came close to even the worst Marvel movie.

Superman Return and Man of Steel sucked. The Nolan Batman trilogy was brilliant (considering the crap Batman movies of the past, that wasn't a high bar to clear). Not sure if Justice League is going to be any good, but I guess we'll see.