Wolverine goes full Me(ta)l Gibson in Wolvie3 trailer (aka "Logan")

Started by JasonPratt, October 20, 2016, 12:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Watched Logan for the first time tonight; chose the b/w Noir version, and was not disappointed. (Also it toned down the ultraviolence a little, which I appreciated, although I also understood the desire to do a 'full' Wolvie film on the way out. Made me wish Joe Johnston's "Wolf Man" remake, which I quite liked in the director's cut, was available in "noir" mode instead of only what amounts to Hammer Gothic, great though that is.)

Jackman deserves at least an Oscar nod; not sure if Stewart was on screen enough to get a nod for Best Supporting, but the quality was there. And that new young actress has natural talent -- I wouldn't object to a Best Supporting nod toward her either.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Coincidentally, CinemaSins also releases its episode last night!

I spotted most of the plot-and-shot-composition problems, too. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!