10 Bands I've Seen Live...

Started by bayonetbrant, April 26, 2017, 10:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Ignore him Gus. I'm with ya on Collective Soul.

Gusington

^Thank you. You gotta try pretty hard to find something not to like about Collective Soul. Solid, solid band.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Collective Soul's live album, 'Home,' is frigging amazing.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Gusington on April 27, 2017, 07:58:03 PMYou gotta try pretty hard to find something not to like about Collective Soul.

Their first hit - "Shine" - completely ripped off Smashing Pumpkins' main riff from "Drown" in the Singles soundtrack.

And I didn't have to try very hard to come up with that one \m/
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Sorry, fellas.  Been a long day/week/month and my brain isn't its sharpest.  So, if one of y'all could tell me who my active lists are to guess on, I will give it a go.  In the meantime, I will give you my 10:

1. Pink Floyd
2. Steely Dan
3. Scorpions
4. AC/DC
5. Van Morrison
6. Stevie Nicks
7. Metallica
8. Guns n Roses
9. Sting
10. Rush
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

trailrunner

Van Halen
Bruce Springsteen
The Who
Blue Oyster Cult - Cheap Trick - Pat Travers - UFO all in one day
Cyndi Lauper
Journey
Everclear
Voodoo Glow Skulls
Cheap Trick
The Donnas
All Mighty Senators
Earth Wind and Fire
Jerry Jeff Walker
Cross Canadian Ragweed
Reckless Kelly (next month)
Patty Loveless
Vince Gill
Kid Rock
Jimmy Buffett
George Benson

MetalDog

Are those alll the ones you've seen, trailrunner?  Or am I guessing which one is not like the others?

Out of your whole list, I've seen Van Hagar and Kid Rock.

trailrunner

Quote from: MetalDog on April 27, 2017, 09:08:09 PM
Are those alll the ones you've seen, trailrunner?  Or am I guessing which one is not like the others?

Out of your whole list, I've seen Van Hagar and Kid Rock.

Yes, I've seen all of those bands.   \m/

I saw Van Halen around October 1978 at the San Diego sports arena.  It was my senior year of high school.  They were just getting big.  Tickets went on sale during the summer, and I managed to buy six tickets with my own money without really knowing who I'd be going with.  By the time school started in September, Van Halen was big, and the buzz around high school was about the Van Halen concert, but nobody had tickets -- except me!  I instantly had friends and a ride to the show.  So me and five friends drove there in one of the guy's family station wagon, which were huge back then, with the folding seats in the back.  On the way there, we were passing around a gallon milk jug filled with a mix of Southern Comfort and Squirt.  By the time I got to the concert, I was glowing a little.  I fell asleep during the warm up act (Ozzy), but woke up and thoroughly enjoyed Van Halen.

I saw Cyndi Lauper at the 930 Club in DC.  She was probably the best singer that I've seen.

I've seen other bands that I didn't list.  I had to see the Doobie Brothers, who I didn't like then and don't like now.  My wife guilted me in to seeing Tim McGraw with her.  I've also seen Rhonda Vincent, and I saw Laurie Morgan in December.  Probably others that I've forgotten about.

MetalDog

I've been to lots of concerts over the years.  Saw lots of great bands and lots of great bands performing poorly.  One of the worst shows I saw was The Black Crowes.  And I simply worshipped them when 'Shake Your Moneymaker,' came out.  And while I never saw him live, I watched Michael McDonald pick up some good looking woman at a two person bar in a hotel in Tampa.

jamus34

Quote from: airboy on April 27, 2017, 07:29:09 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on April 27, 2017, 05:11:14 AM
Ok I'm game

1. Van Halen
2. Creed
3. Jethro Tull
4. Flogging Molly
5. Our lady peace
6. Hot tuna
7. Rush
8. Erik Steckle
9. Curtis Salgado
10. The Pasadena band

Out of this group I've seen Jethro Tull and Flogging Molly multiple times.  The first time we saw Flogging Molly they opened for the Mighty Mighty Bosstones and nobody had ever seen FM.

Considering MMB had all of 7.5 minutes of fame...yeah, FM had to be relative unknowns at that point. Funny they got so much bigger than MMB ever did.

And my one fibber is still unguessed at this point.
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

Your fib is Rush.  And I've seen Tull four times, I think.

jamus34

Quote from: MetalDog on April 27, 2017, 09:52:14 PM
Your fib is Rush.  And I've seen Tull four times, I think.

Give the man a cigar...and yes, I'm kicking myself that I never got around to seeing them while I could.
Insert witty comment here.

airboy

Quote from: trailrunner on April 27, 2017, 09:04:29 PM
Van Halen
Bruce Springsteen
The Who
Blue Oyster Cult - Cheap Trick - Pat Travers - UFO all in one day
Cyndi Lauper
Journey
Everclear
Voodoo Glow Skulls
Cheap Trick
The Donnas
All Mighty Senators
Earth Wind and Fire
Jerry Jeff Walker
Cross Canadian Ragweed
Reckless Kelly (next month)
Patty Loveless
Vince Gill
Kid Rock
Jimmy Buffett
George Benson

Seen Voodoo Glow Skulls and the Donnas out of that group.  Weird, but never seen Cheap Trick.