That time of year has come again to scare Gus!

Started by JasonPratt, September 15, 2017, 11:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moreb

Well I just celebrated the 27th anniversary of my 21st birthday, and maybe I'm just a product of my time, but there is something genuinely authentic, weird, and frightening about horror movies from the late 60's through the 70's. Perhaps it is due to the fact that many were slow burners and didnt rely on CGI's to generate emotions. Tie in some open 4 barrels pumping down the highway at 7 MPG's and you might end up with

OK. Bad example. I don't dare watch it in the last 40 years to see how corny it actually was but I remember going to the drive-in with my parents and my older brother tormenting my for weeks afterwards. In those days there was an unspoken rule that mom would say 'blanket' and whatever we gleaned while peeping out from underneath was just part of some twisted learning curve. From knifes through the eyes to partial frontal nudity.   :bd:

When dongles fly? - mirth

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Yeah? I guess the parents get most of the credit/blame.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Gusington

As well they should.

Darkwood may drive me insane. Difficult game.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Race with the Devil was a classic Drive-In movie. Not nearly as scary in the walk-in theater I later saw it in. What's really scary is Peter Fonda was once cool.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Oh hell, Warren Oates? Wasn't that Sgt. Hulka?

Gusington

I think I am hopelessly trapped in Darkwood and have to start over 💀

Almost exactly like Peter Fonda's once cool persona.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

That would suck if Darkwood is like those old Sierra adventure games. You know, where you forget to pick up something but the game lets you go 16 hours in before you realize you didn't pick something up and you have to start all over.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

I knew he passed, but didn't realize it was at 53 whilst taking a nap. :(

Gusington

I'm getting the vibe that Darkwood is indeed like that...it prides itself on unforgiving and tough. Very unlike Peter Fonda.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I watched a little of a Let's Play for the first part of Darkwood, which I gotta stop doing. It always frustrates me to watch someone totally miss something that they can pick up or search.

Gusington

^Was that my Let's Play? Because exactly that happened to me about 50 times in two hours of gameplay. This is one of those games that makes me feel like a moron. YMMV

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on September 28, 2017, 08:05:37 AM
^Was that my Let's Play? Because exactly that happened to me about 50 times in two hours of gameplay. This is one of those games that makes me feel like a moron. YMMV

Uh...you do Let's Play videos?

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.