Main Menu

Thief?

Started by Grim.Reaper, January 10, 2014, 07:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Finally! Play any of them yet? There are mods out there that update the graphics too. There is also the Dark Mod, a stand alone, user created game based on Thief with 50-100 missions that is free to get.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on February 01, 2014, 02:23:10 PM
Finally! Play any of them yet? There are mods out there that update the graphics too. There is also the Dark Mod, a stand alone, user created game based on Thief with 50-100 missions that is free to get.

Not yet, just started them and that is about it....one thing I noticed is the resolution is very outdated....any mods out there to allow me to use modern resolutions (i.e. 1920x1080)

Gusington

I'm not sure...a quick Googling of '1920 x 1080 resolution for Thief' may warrant you some good results. Try that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ComradeP

With gamma and lighting being so important, I'm not sure if simple conversions to a higher resolution will work well for the game, it might tear it somewhat out of focus.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Gusington

I think gamma and lighting changes have been done is some of the mods mentioned here:

http://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_thief_gold_and_thief_ii_the_metal_age

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Didn't take long, with the coupon code of O3H7FE-D4NFO0-F0LIGK over at greenmangaming, you can get the latest Thief at $13......seemed to go cheap pretty fast.

Gusington

Uh oh. That may throw a wrench into my gaming purchase plans. I was only planning on picking up AoW III and Red Dragon in the next few days...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on April 17, 2014, 06:07:13 PM
Uh oh. That may throw a wrench into my gaming purchase plans. I was only planning on picking up AoW III and Red Dragon in the next few days...

For $15 you can get the deluxe version:)  I am intrigued but seems most reviews thought it was pretty average...but for $13-$15 doesn't have to be earth shattering:)

Gusington

^You bastard. Did this Thief sale just start?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on April 17, 2014, 06:13:51 PM
^You bastard. Did this Thief sale just start?

Pretty sure it just started today and may be only a daily sale....

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/thief-master-thief-edition-na/

Gusington

I'm probably better off having internet access issues right now. I'll spend less money :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd