Main Menu

Ahsoka

Started by GDS_Starfury, April 07, 2023, 08:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

fuck yes!  more of this please.   :ThumbsUp:

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

I highly recommend watch Star Wars Rebels before watching this show.  for one its a damn good series in its own right and theres a lot that happens in it that will be a part of this story.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gusington

Nice. I have serious catching up to do.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

this is some of the goodness in Rebels:

SirAndrewD

I'm down for it but yes...that was a trailer for the new Season of Rebels less than a new show. 

Mandalorian Season 3 is not much different.  Rebels and Clone Wars characters popping in left and right.

I'm glad I've been a completist cause I'd be lost.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

Im fine with a new season of live action Rebels.  :RockOn:
gimmi more of my bro Chopper!  :knuppel2:

JasonPratt

Veil of the Force reboot incoming...?!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

literally more Heir to the Empire.
ffs where are all the SW nerds.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 08, 2023, 01:59:23 PMVeil of the Force reboot incoming...?!

Please no Doomcock or Midnight's Edge...oh boy   Those guys and their "reports" :uglystupid2:

I mean, I don't like the sequels either, but no Star Wars has shown zero desire to retcon them.  Filoni and Favreau have been saying, probably under orders, at every step that everything in these shows is leading to the sequels.

Cat's out of that bag.  The best thing they can do is what they are, at least providing us the sequel we wanted, "Heir to the Empire" while keeping it far enough away from the Sequels that we don't really have to think about them too hard.

And like I say, I was no fan of them.  Funny story, when sitting down during the divorce process and deciding who got what movies from our, 15 year collection, when it came to the Star Wars films I told my ex-wife she could have the sequels.  She didn't even want them, I told them she got them anyway as long as I got my Final Cut of Blade Runner. 

She, correctly said that I had just given the sequels the worst review humanly possible.  We laughed and shared a nice amused moment, one of the last.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

give me Thrawn and Chopper!  these are the two characters I identify with.  :notworthy:

Staggerwing

Even more good news- it's been announced that Lars Mikkelsen will play Thrown, reprising his voice-acting role for live action.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 08, 2023, 07:17:58 PMEven more good news- it's been announced that Lars Mikkelsen will play Thrown, reprising his voice-acting role for live action.

Yeah, that made me super happy. 

There's no Thrawn without that voice.  He nailed it in Rebels completely and looks the part in live action. 

I really wish they'd used the voice actors for everyone else except Ezra though (due to age).  There's going to be something missing from Ahsoka, Hera and Sabine without the proper voices. 

Oh well, at least they did the right thing with Thrawn and Bo-Katan.

JasonPratt

0.) Doomcock has been right about a lot of things, though his sources naturally reflect the spazziness of Disney's internal management struggles at any given time.

1.) In this case, the important point is whether that pattern in the background is the Veil of the Force or not, a plot-device introduced in one of the (good) animated series with retcon capabilities.

2.) Even if it is, that doesn't mean the sequels will be retconned out, even in favor of a closer-to-canon Thrawn trilogy (though personally I'd think that was ideal). Star Wars has had a bad habit of baiting fans in their productions for the past howeversomany years. (Aside from the animated series again, admittedly.)

3.) Frankly I think the Mandalorian writers have no idea what they're doing with Bo-Katan, other than maybe replacing 'Mando' with her eventually. The current Season 3 storyline has made her and the other Mandolorians look super dippy. I love Katee Sackhoff as an actress, but.

4.) I have zero faith the current administration is capable or even really all that willing to give us Heir to the Empire and the Thrawn Trilogy with any coherent quality (aside from visuals, maybe). At this point, any news about them touching something I like sounds like bad news.

5.) I acknowledge Andor has been a glaring exception to the current rulership rule. It's the only live-action show I would be glad to buy on Blu if they would just take my money already! I would like to say that Andor gives me hope, but the status quo only depresses me about the thought that if it gets a second season they'll trash it somehow.

Me several years ago: LONE WOLF AND CUB BUT LONE WOLF IS CLINT EASTWOOD'S MAN WITH NO NAME AS A MANDOLORIAN AND CUB IS A POSSIBLY EVIL BABY YODA?!  :RockOn:  :RockOn:  :RockOn:  :RockOn:

Me also several years ago until now:  :uglystupid2:  :buck2:  :uglystupid2:  :buck2:  :uglystupid2:  :buck2:

Current Star Wars execs: "Say, how about a series about Darth Vader?"
Me: NOOOOOOOOOOO! (Subtitled "Do not want.")
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

its a shame that some people have forgotten how to just sit back and be entertained without the need to nitpick every little thing to death.
to your points...
1. all of the animated series have been good
2. the sequels arent being retconned out, the end of the Mandalorian and Ahsoka are dovetailing into how the First Order started and Thrawn will be a part of that.
3. the know exactly what theyre doing its just not what you want, Ive had no problems with the season so far.
4. no you arent going to get the Thrawn trilogy, that ship sailed a long time ago.  put your big boy pants on.
5. yes, Andor is excellent.

W8taminute

Perhaps there is a middle ground.  I get Jason's thoughts, as they are pretty close to mine regarding SW, but I also get what you're saying as well Star. 

Yoda once said, "You must unlearn what you have learned", and he's right.  Kylo Ren once said, "You have to forget the past, kill it if you must", and in a way he's right.

I will never submit to the blasphemy that Disney has twisted SW into.  Never.  I might be willing to unlearn what I've learned but I will never agree to kill the past. 

No, I will silently live in the past and relish what was once a great franchise but now is nothing but a tool to be used by "the man" to keep a brother down. 

I wish I could be more open about Star Wars but I can't.  In some ways I envy those who can watch a show and be entertained but I'm an admitted psychotic Star Wars traditionalist.  Same thing with Godzilla by the way, but that's a topic for another thread.

Edit:  Sorry forgot one more point that popped into my mind just now.  For me, it's very hard to let go of what brought so much joy to me as a child.  I think that's the real reason why I don't accept the new Star Wars. 

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk