Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

QuoteSoviet cruiser Admiral Ushakov entering Taranto, 1973

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

QuoteFrench Battleship Courbet along side the Château de Brest

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

QuoteHunter's Point Naval Shipyard, San Francisco, California. USS Ranger (CVA-61) (in dry dock), USS Coral Sea (CVA-43), and the USS Hancock (CVA-19) (left). - August 1971.

mirth

QuoteJapanese battleships Fuso, Yamashiro, Ise and Hyuga of the 1st and 2nd Battleship Divisions viewed from Nagato while departing Hashirajima for gunnery practice, May 5, 1942

mirth

QuoteU.S. Pacific Fleet anchored in Pearl Harbor after the conclusion of Fleet Problem XXI, May 3, 1940

QuoteThe aircraft carrier Yorktown (CV-5) and eight battleships are moored alongside the eastern edge of Ford Island. Hickam Army Air Field is visible above Battleship Row in the center distance. This photograph also shows two more battleships and many cruisers, destroyers and other Navy ships also present, most of them moored in groups in East Loch, in the foreground. A few of the destroyers are wearing experimental dark camouflage paint.

This photo was taken four days before President Roosevelt ordered the fleet to remain in Pearl Harbor instead of returning to San Diego as a possible deterrent against Japanese aggression in the Pacific.

Photograph comes from the collections of the U.S. Naval History and Heritage Command, photo Id 80-G-411120.

mirth

QuoteBattleship squadrons I & II of the German High Seas Fleet anchored in Kiel, circa 1911-14

mirth

QuoteA stunning overhead of the USS Wasp carrying F-35Bs alongside the USS Dewey during an UNREP

mirth

mirth

QuoteThis photo, taken 76 years ago, shows the Japanese Carrier Shokaku under dive-bomber attack during the Battle Of The Coral Sea

mirth

QuoteThe flight deck of the Japanese carrier Shokaku after she had sustained bomb damage in the Battle Of The Coral Sea

mirth

mirth

QuoteJapanese suicide torpedo found on Saipan after the end of the war

mirth

mirth

QuoteFormation of U.S. Navy battleships

Staggerwing

Gotta love the Curtis Flying Boat photobombing the shot.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys