Decades Feeder Bracket - Wild Card 80s Week 2 Final 8

Started by MetalDog, January 24, 2018, 12:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

In an exact copy of the 90s Bracket, our seeds are the same.  Again most of the matchups were close with no more than a two vote swing.
With two exceptions: Tom Petty and the Rolling Stones.  Having done these nigh on a year, I have found that the folks who vote consistently in these polls are partial to Petty and the Stones.  Nothing wrong with that, and I keep putting them in there to be voted on, but, can't you guys pick anything else? ;)

The 1/8

The 4/5

The 3/11

The 2/7

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

I wonder Tom Petty would've gotten the same amount of love if he hadn't passed right around the time you were starting all this
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

I think he would. Tom's Super Bowl halftime show was a resurgence for him and he was one of those artists that everyone just seemed to like. No one's favorite, perhaps, but someone you liked to hear.

bayonetbrant

I've seen him live a few times, and it was a great show every time.  I'm a fan, though not perhaps as die-hard as some others.  It just feels like the "Tom Petty Appreciation Tour" has kicked into higher gear since he died.  Not that he doesn't deserve it, mind you - they guy was a great performer for over 40 years.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers