Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Pete Dero

https://www.thedailybeast.com/leopard-tanks-russia-claims-it-destroyed-were-actually-tractors

Russia's Defense Ministry proudly announced on Tuesday that its troops had destroyed eight Leopard tanks while it fended off a Ukrainian counteroffensive, offering a dramatic video as evidence. But the fearsome tanks shown in the video turned out to be nothing more than farming equipment: two combine harvesters and a John Deere tractor, according to several pro-Russian military bloggers. "A disgrace, we just have no words," wrote the popular Military Informer Telegram channel. "Why the fuck did they pass these off as Leopards?" another pro-Russian channel fumed.

JasonPratt

Because in post-Soviet, anti-Soviet Ukraine, TRACTORS AS DANGEROUS AS LEOPARD II!  :pirate:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

https://twitter.com/Feher_Junior/status/1666176515476713474

This was posted downthread of the thread from Tartarigami posted by Star.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

JasonPratt

Lots of quick implications, including other dams under Russian control which might also be targeted. Any spring offensive in this area has been delayed by at least a month.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 07, 2023, 07:25:00 AMBecause in post-Soviet, anti-Soviet Ukraine, TRACTORS AS DANGEROUS AS LEOPARD II!  :pirate:

Yes, Ukrainian tractors are tools of war...

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

Petraeus was on CNN (I think) this morning, and put forward the third theory...that that Russians were just not managing the damn. They let too much water pressure build up. The theory is that the damn gave way due to Russian negligence, albeit at a very suspicious time. He was not pushing this as what definitely happened, but was saying this is one theory. Apparently the damn was showing strain in the weeks leading up to the break.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Sir Slash

I agree it's time the Ukrainian Beaver Engineers were deployed to confound the Orcs. They've been waiting patiently in reserve and have been equipped with new tungsten dental implants just for this sort of situation. The only down side is it's really hard to communicate in Ukrainian by hitting the water with your flat tails and...once they get started, there's no telling where they'll end-up damming, could be Bosporus  next.  :beaver2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: ArizonaTank on June 07, 2023, 10:02:45 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on June 07, 2023, 07:25:00 AMBecause in post-Soviet, anti-Soviet Ukraine, TRACTORS AS DANGEROUS AS LEOPARD II!  :pirate:

Yes, Ukrainian tractors are tools of war...

I would pay actual money for that expansion!

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

'Ukrainian combat birds and armed mosquitos??'

What the fuck, Russia? Really. :HideEyes:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

North Korea nods sagely and points to robot locusts...

Sir Slash

My money's on those giant, radioactive catfish the Ukrainians are growing in the Chernobyl cooling ponds. Any day now they'll be ready to swim up the Volga and eat Moscow. Shhh... Don't tell anybody. It's still a secret.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I don't understand modern slang very well: if those "catfish" turned out to be beavers after all, would that be an example of "catfishing"?