Six Days In Fallujah...

Started by Jarhead0331, September 17, 2012, 06:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Skoop on June 01, 2023, 10:42:24 AMNot sure if you guys have noticed, but the game now has an early access date of June 22nd.  We might be finally getting our hands on this.

...not sure if we've noticed?

:ROFL:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sigwolf

Quote from: Skoop on June 01, 2023, 10:42:24 AMNot sure if you guys have noticed, but the game now has an early access date of June 22nd.  We might be finally getting our hands on this.
I, for one, had not.  Thanks for the heads up.

Grim.Reaper

As we get closer to first access, some details have come out.  Early access initially will be mostly co op although can play solo without any teammate support, which they describe as hard.  Also price will be $39.99.  Official release targeted for 2024 and will also be on consoles.  Although I wish more solo content right away, plan to still buy it on release since going to buy it eventually anyways so might as well.

Early Access FAQ
What content is included in Early Access?

At launch, Six Days in Fallujah includes four co-operative four-player missions based on events during the first two days in the northern part of the city. These missions are set in urban maps that are generated procedurally every time the game is played to recreate the uncertainty of combat along with unlimited replayability.

As Early Access develops, we will add AI-controlled teammates, more co-op missions, special operator missions, more troop nationalities, and a single-player campaign.

You'll also see us inject many new variables into each of these mission simulations, such as nighttime missions, weather effects, new buildings, more enemy types, civilians, and much more.

Why isn't the Campaign launching with Early Access?

We do plan to release Campaign missions during Early Access. But, we had to build our co-op simulation sandbox first, because it's the foundation of all our technology. Now that this is done, we need to polish up our teammate AI (it's actually pretty far along) and build our first campaign mission, which we'll release in Early Access once it's ready.

Can I play the fireteam cooperative mode solo with AI teammates?

Not quite yet. Although we could easily stick some friendly bots in the game right now, we have very ambitious plans for our single-player experience, starting with much better ways for players to direct this team during combat. Since it's really important that we get this right, we decided not to release any AI teammate capabilities until it's ready.

In the meantime, you can play the game solo. It's just very challenging.

Will I encounter civilians in Early Access?

Yes, but not on day one. Marines and Soldiers encountered very few civilians during the first couple days of the battle. But then the presence of civilians, and the ability of insurgents to blend in with these civilians, became a really big complication in the battle. We will introduce civilians into some missions as Early Access progresses.

Is Six Days still coming to console?

Absolutely. In fact, at different times during development, we've already had the game running on consoles. We plan to release on console simultaneously with the Full Release on PC in 2024.

Is there a content roadmap available for Early Access?

We plan to share a content roadmap in the coming weeks.

What is the pricing for Early Access?

The price for Early Access will be US$39.99. Pricing in other currencies will follow shortly on the Steam store at Steam's recommendations.

Jarhead0331

Disappointing about the lack of team AI at initial release, but certainly happy to see it confirmed that the single player experience is still a major focus.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Looking forward to the release tomorrow, even without initial focus on single player.  A number of discussions hammering away at the developer for not including it from the start and some skeptics it will ever get included regardless of what the developer says.  At least the forum will never let them forget their commitment:)

In any event, I'll be buying it and going it alone like Rambo until then:). Releases at 10am eastern time.

Grim.Reaper

Released...greenmangaming has it for $33, so a little cheaper.

al_infierno

Mixed reviews on Steam thus far, seems like there is very little content in the early access.  For me, the most annoying thing is the damn unskippable cutscene you have to watch every time you restart the mission.

Gameplay itself feels great so far.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Grim.Reaper

Yep, that is annoying.

Finding it very difficult to play solo, I die in minutes without squad mates having my back.  Plus, I haven't figured out how to call for help when injured as that timer goes so fast that I always die first.

It has a cool atmosphere so potential exists for sure...

al_infierno

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 22, 2023, 04:29:40 PMYep, that is annoying.

Finding it very difficult to play solo, I die in minutes without squad mates having my back.  Plus, I haven't figured out how to call for help when injured as that timer goes so fast that I always die first.

It has a cool atmosphere so potential exists for sure...

I suspect the timer just instantly drops to 0 if you're the last one left to prevent wasting time sitting around.

Also, I'm not sure if there's a way to order the IFV to move, but it's rather annoying how it just seems to move and stop somewhat randomly based on how far along you've moved.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Grim.Reaper

Yep, a lot to figure out on this one.  You might be right about the medic situation on single player as who could come get me anyway.  But if that is the case, trying to play this game in early access is going to be impossible to survive long enough to accomplish anything, at least on my limited skill level.  I saw people say the AI is pretty dumb, but so far it has no issue lobbing mortars at me and sneaking up behind me, killing me quickly.  Probably a lot different if playing co op and eventually with a squad so others can have your back.

al_infierno

Yeah, playing by myself the AI seems to do a decent job of flanking, taking cover, lobbing explosives at you, etc.

I also just noticed there's actually several missions available.  I thought the only mission was the one with the sniper in the minaret, but I just fired it up again and there's one where you're protecting a convoy from VBIEDs.  Still tough as nails, but I'm managed to actually score some kills here and there rather than just dying right away.  No way to choose mission that I can see.

- MengJiao

Grim.Reaper

I have seen 2-3 different missions so far, thought I read somewhere (4) are currently available but I could be wrong.  They all equally trash me quickly so I don't get to explore for that long.  I am also using a controller as I can't use the keyboard/mouse on these games nowadays and it also needs some improvement in being able to aim and line up targets more easily.

Destraex

I want to know if you can team with a friend or have to go with randoms? Can you group with a friend and then press play to join other humans or go in with just your friend and yourself? A friend got this you see and will be telling me if he likes it. Problem is the guy seems to buy every FPS on the planet and I am not really an FPS fan anymore.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

I don't play online but there are options to Invite Friends and use matchmaking.  I suspect its what you want, but I have no plans on using either.

Skoop

You could try the rando coop.  I mean, if the mission is that difficult solo, why not see how the rando match making goes.  You might be surprised that some rando will actually revive you or cover your six.