Discuss GrogCast Episode #6

Started by bayonetbrant, April 14, 2015, 08:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

undercovergeek

specially requested?? say it wasnt so!

Martok

The "stinger" at the beginning had me cracking up.  ;D  For that matter, I think I expended more energy laughing during this podcast than I had for the previous five combined! 

Also, Star's voice is slightly deeper than I'd imagined.  Not sure why.  ??? 

Oh yeah: 
QuoteWe'd link to the Panthers in the Fog review, but... well, you know.
:2funny:

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bob48

Good one, gents.

Enjoyed the CC talk as I played the first 5 games a lot, especially 5.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Airborne Rifles

Bison

Kushan

Keep up the good work guys.

Since I think its a site requirement to be on some governments agency's watch list, I think a Grogheads Cards Against Humanity game is a great idea.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

republic

I feel like such a dunce...I had no idea we had a podcast!  Just now starting from the beginning!  :)

bayonetbrant

Quote from: republic on April 15, 2015, 08:46:43 AM
I feel like such a dunce...I had no idea we had a podcast!  Just now starting from the beginning!  :)
word of warning, #5 has some game conversation, but is very heavy music-focused :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Better word of warning, we start using potty language in number 3.  :smitten:

Cyrano

I'm spread-sheeting (yeah, it's a word) Brant's game playing over these half dozen episodes and I am convinced of the following:

1.  His Wednesday "game group" is like the girlfriend that guy in your group talks about, but no one gets to meet, i.e., it doesn't really exist.  If it does, he certainly doesn't attend.

2.  He doesn't really play consims either.  Talks about them, sure; thinks about playing them, yep; but never seems to actually play them.

3.  He will soon open www.songheads.com as his affections clearly tend towards the musical.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

BanzaiCat

Waitasec...us writers and reviewers are supposed to PLAY the games we review?!? When was I going to be let in on this?  :coolsmiley:

bbmike

Finally caught up on all of these! Well, except for the music one. I promise I'll go back and listen to it eventually. And I probably shouldn't mention I've never played any of the Close Combat games.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jack Nastyface

Great podcast...just finished listening to it.  GDS seems very well behaved - is this due to copious editing?
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.