Main Menu

Howdy, Folks!

Started by 1aCraig, June 08, 2015, 09:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1aCraig

Hi guys,

I'm Craig, from 1A Games (www.1agames.com). I had the pleasure of meeting Doug, Jim, Vance, and the rest of the crew (I sincerely apologize for the names that I have already forgotten after two days) at Origins last week. I'd like to thank Doug especially for running some great games of Tide of Iron for us. I'm an old-time wargamer, having started with Ogre/GEV in the eighties, continuing with ASL, Wooden Ships and Iron Men, the GCACW series (Stonewall in the Valley, Roads to Gettysburg, etc.) by Avalon Hill and many more. My current favorite tactical games (besides the obligatory TOI) are World at War and ATS.

By the way, the monster staff exercise game on Friday night was magnificent!

Capn Darwin

Welcome to the show Craig. Good to see you there and glad you enjoyed the staff exercise.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

MetalDog

Welcome, Craig!  Sounds like a good time was had by all :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Welcome Craig. Happy to have you with us. Anything to bend the sanity curve back up toward rational.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Welcome Craig, if you met the guys at Origins, you can't be all bad. j/k

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on June 08, 2015, 10:07:20 PM
Welcome, Craig!  Sounds like a good time was had by all :)

some day, you too might understand! ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bbmike

Welcome to Grogheads, Craig!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Welcome to the mad funhouse!

Barthheart

Hey Craig, welcome to our little corner of the interwebs.