"Six Days in October" -- Organizational Post

Started by Cyrano, September 19, 2016, 10:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

I don't know that they knew the length of the trains, but they certainly experienced the pain when the back end of the division in front of them got stuck hard like happened to Jose I.

The length is known insofar as it's built into the calculation for the length of divisions on the march.  Infantry stretch 500m/SP and cavalry 2 km/SP, so 10 SP infantry divisions with no attached cavalary run to 5 km + the appropriate national modifier.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

James Sterrett

OK, so the charts earlier are generally accurate, but we should know they will tend to be a bit wrong in practice.  :)  (And probably never *shorter*.  :)  )

Cyrano

Well, as I'll be arbitrating them on a map with a ruler that won't bend, there's always a wee bit of estimation...

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

James Sterrett

And a dash of "what the hell, close enough", plus some occasional "screw it I can't remember what I was measuring anyway, where's the whiskey?"  ;)

Duke of Earl

I'll bet Berthier knew the lengths of the wagon trains! He probably had a estimation formula similar to the one outlined earlier regarding the length of the stretched out column. Berthier was one sharp cookie.

Cyrano

Stuck at work at the moment, but I will be pulling Elting down from the shelf this evening to see if anything supports Duke's assertion.  As his miniature is near me always, I'd like to think the Prince of Neuchatel would, indeed, have known.

As to business --

Organizational e-mails are OUT and the clock for first orders is running.

If either B_C or Tobias Archer are listening, I'd love to hear from you (or, for that matter, for any of the reserve members who never responded to the call for e-mails).  A spot or two stands to be open otherwise.

S!

Jim

JasonPratt

Won't be able to look them over until this afternoon or tonight; but have been fulminating for several days already, so --

...PLANNING! I mean planning.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

Sorry, Cyrano. I only just today read through everything as best I could. :)

I sent you an email from my work email address; it will be a lot easier for me to notice emails on that account than on my normal email, as I've been having issues with my personal email account for a while now.

Cyrano

As John McClane said from the Nakatomi:

Welcome to the party, pal!

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

Welp, is there any chance someone else can take on the role I volunteered (stupidly) for?

After getting 30+ emails today and having zero time to look at any of them, I'm having major doubts I will be able to play this, much less do it justice or understand any of the concepts.

Sorry to do this to you guys. If you don't have anyone else I'll do my best so you're not left hanging, but if you have someone to take over that would be great.

Double Deuce

Messenger traffic on the Prussian side has been relatively light so I went ahead and sent my recommended deployments for Prince Hohenlohe's forces to the "Duke of Brunswick pending his approval. Hopefully I have his email correct.   ???

Barthheart

Err... yeah.. our commander is suspiciously silent.... ???

Double Deuce

Quote from: Barthheart on October 03, 2016, 05:11:11 PM
Err... yeah.. our commander is suspiciously silent.... ???

Hmmm, no activity since the 28th. Wonder if he knows he was elevated from the reserves to the Big Chief?

Cyrano

Hohenlohe's deployments received!

Ping sent for Hatricus.

I know that Jason said he might have one or two candidates for the reserves, so we may be able to relieve you there B_C.  I will say that the flow of paperwork drops precipitously once you actually start marching as it's communication down "slots" and I don't have to share everything with everyone.

See what we get...

Jim