"Six Days in October" -- Game Time Is...

Started by Cyrano, October 15, 2016, 11:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panzerde

I'm pretty sure that "jiggery-pokery" is still illegal in Wisconsin.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JasonPratt

Is Wisconsin French or Prussian?   >:D

I'm going over dispatches tonight, with great enjoyment (and in at least one case with great relief, for reasons which I will discuss much later in the after action, since this is an open thread and all game information should be going through Jim). I have not received my final positioning yet from Jim, so the end of the turn per se hasn't happened yet.

This would be a good time to ask Jim however: may we send maps back and forth to each other in communiques? The French side hasn't done this yet (where I've been able to see), and while it's fun to figure out intentions from text I would expect some maps (perhaps hastily scribbled?) to be realistically exchanged, via the umpire of course, in courier correspondence.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MetalDog

Aye.  Some sort of visual representation would be much appreciated. 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Cyrano

You want to draw it and scan it and send it, I'll transmit it.

Commanders in the era would have used words...and the occasional pointing at maps which were much cruder than the ones you have, I gather.

That said, if you need particular clarity from me as to your position, just shout.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

All right...almost scared to open the door, buuuuut.

GAME TIME IS 0600 HOURS, 12th OCTOBER 1806

I would ask all commanders to clear up any last minute over-nightery and everyone else (who already hasn't) to ship me their 0600 orders.

I have a sense that today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kuj-PGC8rE

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JasonPratt

Um -- I'm loathe to send out 0600 orders if I haven't received a post from you yet reporting my position at the end of the day. (Note to self: DON'T TYPE OUT WHETHER OR WHICH CORPS I'M WITH ON AN OPEN CHANNEL!) The last time I received my position report was the end of the first day's marching when my HQ camped for the night; how did our march on Day 2 go?

Also, I need some clarification if you've passed along all courier arrivals that are going to arrive by 6 am, so I'm not expecting anymore before Day 3 starts.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Hatricvs

Should be Wo ist Blucher....but that's auto correct for you!

Cyrano

James Sterrett

Weisst?

Er macht vielleicht auch andere Dinge, die so klingen, wie er ist.

(He is possibly also doing other things that sound like that where he is.)

Cyrano

Game Time Is:  0700 12 October 1806

If you have received no messages from Control, presume that you have no enemy contacts and are marching under the orders submitted.

I was only able to tick the clock a tiny bit forward.  Waiting for a few clarifying exchanges before really giving Sunday (for so 12th October 1806 was) the gas.

Cyrano

Game Time Is:  0800 12 October 1806

If you have received no messages from Control, presume that you have no enemy contacts and are marching under the orders submitted.

Cyrano

Game Time Is:  1000 12 October 1806

Trying not to go too fast as I know not everyone is at liberty to obsess over the (U.S.) holiday weekend as I am.

Still, fun things are afoot!!

Cyrano

Game Time Is:  1100 12 October 1806

Cyrano

Game Time Is:  1300 12 October 1806

Can't say much, but a coupla divisions is having a very, very bad day...