Main Menu

VTOL VR

Started by Jarhead0331, July 11, 2017, 08:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Ysk...I saw your comment on the Discord...are you coming around on the idea of VR controls? You seem to be indicating that you may have turned and really see this game as something special now.   
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

I have always seen it as special. If you got any other impression from me than that wasn't intended.
I find the whole 'flight controls' issue we talked about earlier fascinating and I am curious to hear from the dev his view on the VR only way of controlling the aircraft.

The combined Yaw/Pitch/Roll channels are giving me a headache, but the throttle is becoming more like second nature...
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

F/A-26B and mission editor now available!

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Anybody who is interested in this project should give it another look. It's progressed remarkably and the third flyable aircraft was released yesterday. It's a stealth vtol fighter bomber loosely modeled on the F-35.

The sim now features some very impressive mechanics, campaigns, mission editor and a lot of other features that really round out an already exceptional simulation. Also, for those of you who just can't get used to full VR control, there are now options to use standard peripherals like HOTAS and pedals.

I strongly support this developer and project. The kid should be a superstar.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

Ahhh nice! Peripheral support!
Definately going to take another look now! Thanks for the heads up!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Whats the status on this one?

Jarhead0331

Still awesome. Three aircraft to choose from now.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

rwenstrup

Purchased ... VR is fun ... especially flying!

Yskonyn

Been playing for two days now and I am having so much fun!

The first time the CAP formation formed on my wing was super cool. Its really impressive how the devs have made the AI look less robotic and you usually find; aircraft gently sway up and down in the air while in formation and player maneuvers don't translate 1:1 to bot reaction. Pretty neat.

I have flown several missions in the stock campaign now. Great fun and I do feel this game will actually be a great trainer for skills you need in something more serious like DCS.
The simple depiction of advanced sensors is a great stepping stone imo and the VR forces you to learn to be gentle with your inputs.

Any suggestions for good user created content?

I also read that the devs are using their racing flight game as a testbed for multiplayer functionality in VTOL down the line. That would be super awesome!