Imperiums: Greek Wars (successor to Aggressors) (historical pun intended)

Started by JasonPratt, August 01, 2020, 11:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Ooh you mentioned the magic word...Persia.

Are they playable?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Yes and no. The maps in Aggro/Impi (even with the new engine) aren't nearly as large as in some other games -- FoGEmp or Imperator being the primary contemporary comparisons (or the Total War series as another, or Crusader Kings, leaving aside the global maps of Paradox system games after CK2/3).

So in the main Imperiums campaign, Persia is the rebel Achaeminid Empire in Anatole (western Asia minor), specifically the satrapies of Lydia, Caria, Mysia, and Phrygia.

Italy isn't even on the map; it's just Greek-culture areas (up to around Byzantium's straits) and western Asia Minor, for 91x62 hexes.

Perhaps relatedly, I'm not sure if one of us mentioned this earlier, but unlike Aggro, Impi has full multiplayer support.  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

devoncop

Ah Jason....is that  using the old fashioned email exchange system or does it use an inbuilt lobby for technophobe neanderthals like me ? I am away from my PC at the minute so can't check but I imagine that could be a hoot.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

JasonPratt

It's a lobby system, with the host game acting as server. So the game can be played Asynch (with emails sent by the lobby system, as far as I can tell, like the PBEM+++ system for Matrix), or 'live' with the gathered players together in real time.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Anguille

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 06, 2021, 11:02:45 AM
Italy isn't even on the map; it's just Greek-culture areas (up to around Byzantium's straits) and western Asia Minor, for 91x62 hexes.
Italy will be on the map when Alexander DLC comes out. And i will eat my hat if the next map won't include Gauls and Spain.

Please note my presence in the video (second guy in the video  :D)

Anguille

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 06, 2021, 11:19:25 AM
It's a lobby system, with the host game acting as server. So the game can be played Asynch (with emails sent by the lobby system, as far as I can tell, like the PBEM+++ system for Matrix), or 'live' with the gathered players together in real time.
I am not sure but i believe Hotseat is also there, no?

JasonPratt

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 06, 2021, 11:02:45 AM

Custom map games typically max out at 6000 hexes (by comparison the main campaign game of 91x62 = 5642), but editing a config file value can increase this maximum.

So even though the main campaign map area doesn't cover nearly as much as other games (only northern and southern Grecian and barbie areas to western Asia Minor), there's a lot of detail to what's there.

devoncop

Quote from: Anguille on May 06, 2021, 11:20:54 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on May 06, 2021, 11:19:25 AM
I am not sure but i believe Hotseat is also there, no?

Oh cool.

Once have a handle on all the mechanics that may be a good thing to try.

Cheers

....Really looking forward to the Alexander DLC too.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

'Technophobe neanderthals' haha!

IIRC Pratt mentioned user made content...is there some good stuff available?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

FYI this is on sale for under 20.00 right now. I'm going in.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on May 06, 2021, 12:10:38 PM
IIRC Pratt mentioned user made content...is there some good stuff available?

There are only 17 workshop items so far, almost all of them (even the fantasy mod) being based on the main campaign map. There's a medieval Europe map however.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd