"Murder hornet" nest with nearly 200 queens destroyed "in the nick of time"

Started by al_infierno, November 11, 2020, 03:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

This is what it looks like when a childhood spent watching action-sci-fi flicks finally pays off in the real world!  ;D  "I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit."  The only way to be sure, indeed!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/murder-hornet-nest-nearly-200-queens-destroyed-nick-of-time/
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Don't they realize this is 2020? Those things are supposed to spread panic, havoc and destruction.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

Just wait 'til they find out what we did to this nest.  The rest of 'em are gonna be pissed.   :hide:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

I keep bees. These hornets have been on beekeepers' radars for years and years. I was surprised when they were reported in the US. The press has totally twisted the story on them....murder hornets (snicker).  Yes they are bad news and they are death to beehives, but, the last I heard, there are still a few people left alive in their homeland, Japan. Their big impact is economic and yes, they will kill some people.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Sir Slash

Damn! One nest and 200 Queens? Imagine the level of, 'Girl-Drama' going on there.   :wow:   I hear in Japan they're not called Murder Hornets. There they're known as, 'Ninja Gnats'. Cause you never see 'em coming. Until it's too late.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 11, 2020, 11:07:03 PM
Damn! One nest and 200 Queens? Imagine the level of, 'Girl-Drama' going on there.   :wow:   I hear in Japan they're not called Murder Hornets. There they're known as, 'Ninja Gnats'. Cause you never see 'em coming. Until it's too late.  :hide:

The worst thing is the 200 Queens share only one bathroom, which has only one small mirror.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.