Author Topic: Conquest of Elysium 5 Announced!  (Read 354 times)

Offline CJReich46

• Viking
  • His Mind Is NOT for Rent
Conquest of Elysium 5 Announced!
« on: May 13, 2021, 09:41:31 PM »
Saw this on the 4x Reddit.

https://www.illwinter.com/coe5/index.html

10 different planes - Inferno, A Sky Realm, continents (Yes there will be ships and ports.) Three new factions - New rituals, battle maps, independent factions new monsters, new random events.

August 2021!
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all.  - James Graham 1st Marquess of Montrose

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
Re: Conquest of Elysium 5 Announced!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 07:36:22 AM »
Saw this advertised on Steam (I think), and wishlisted: it may be the edition I finally buy! (Don't know why, exactly. Maybe for the multiplayer. But I've always WANTED to like this spin-off.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline CJReich46

• Viking
  • His Mind Is NOT for Rent
Re: Conquest of Elysium 5 Announced!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 03:55:25 PM »
Saw this advertised on Steam (I think), and wishlisted: it may be the edition I finally buy! (Don't know why, exactly. Maybe for the multiplayer. But I've always WANTED to like this spin-off.)

I have been playing a bit of COE4 lately since the announcement, and airboy asked for what were the differences.

What I noticed is in battles. The armies will move forward to attack surround etc. Casters will do their thing, ranged units etc. Also when you're in a fortress or citadel, you have walls and gates to defend. So if you're the besieging army you have to deal with the defending units on the wall then the gate.  Not to mention more rituals for classes to do.

There are Planes of Existence -  There is Elysium,  Hades (for all you necromancers) and Inferno (demonologists)   Agartha, The Void (Horrors). From time to time someone will open the gate to those planes OR worse an event will trigger them being opened.  BEWARE. 

I had a game where I was a Warlock (Dark Age) and watching almost all the AI players fall due to Independent armies. Then when I thought my Fire Summoned Armies were doing well... some damn fool opened the gates to Inferno, and all the devils came out! So I was getting mopped by them, and trying to hang on to find the final AI to crush it.  I did not do so well. What I like about Conquest 4 is the Independent units do not sit idling waiting for you to conquer them. They move. They threaten and siege.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all.  - James Graham 1st Marquess of Montrose