New Master can Commander movie being penned by Patrick Ness

Started by Destraex, June 05, 2021, 07:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

This would make me a very happy man. Plus they could quarantine on the ship while filming. haha! These rumours rarely work out though. This seems like it would be 5 years away. It also needs a Russel Crowe available.

https://deadline.com/2021/06/20th-century-master-and-commander-patrick-ness-1234769535/?fbclid=IwAR1i2gerX_JaQmHGfVkXR4bSApbCTbq1cXKSL4QuFjYg73gC5oUOhyv-Ymw
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

WallysWorld

Loved the movie as well. I have the poster hanging in my library. Was hoping for a sequel even with the older actors.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Destraex

Yeah. I could not resist posting this. I don't want to get my hopes up.
My understanding of the original movie was that they would have liked to make more, but the cost was too prohibitive.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

I believe it, just from the production value of the original movie. You can tell that a lot of time, energy and money was spent.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CapnKirk

This is one of my favorite movies!  If they can match the quality of the first one, I'm all in.

I would even splurge and go to the theatre to see it. 

Gusington

^Crazytalk. If I never go to a theater again I'm ok with that.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

CapnKirk

^Is that because of the requirement to wear clothes?  Big con for me I get it, but a good Master and Commander movie might just be worth it.

Gusington

I haven't put on clothes since March 16, 2020. A bigger issue for me is other people. Like people who can't shut their mouth, or their phone, or who can't stop kicking the back of my chair.

All that said I do agree with you that a new Master and Commander would be worth most movie theater hardships.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd