Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Looks like they need some armored salt trucks. Would think that Russia of all places was awash in those.

WHOOPSIE

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

they cant afford salt trucks.
or sober drivers.

it's a good thing they're so fucking stupid.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Crossroads

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Uberhaus

Something to be said for imparting even a minimum of military knowledge to civilians.

Windigo

This guy had to be unstable mentally.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Crossroads

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Jarhead0331

Austrian Military analysis of Ukrainian Summer Offensive.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

FarAway Sooner

That's a fairly specific and concrete analysis.  I'm not sure a whole lot of that is new news, but it does suggest a central conclusion.  Whether or not hopes were realistic for the Ukrainian offensive in the Spring/Summer, those hopes were disappointed.

Some of those hopes were predicated on early Ukrainian successes in the first year of the war, some of those hopes were (probably unrealistically) pinned on the limited quantity of Western equipment supplied to the Ukrainians, and some of those hopes were based on an inadequate appreciation for just how difficult concentrated offensive operations can be in the face of battlefield transparency via drones and significant artillery.

It's unclear whether "Kill the Russians faster than they can kill us" will prove more successful for the Ukrainians than it did for the Germans 80 years ago.  On the other hand, the fact that Ukraine retains 80% of its pre-2022 soil and is still standing and fighting hard 22 months after the initial Russian attack is a remarkable success.

I have no idea if there is a good reason for the lagging volume of military supplies these last few months, but I've seen the graphic cited here and it is concerning.  We also have no idea how effective the Ukrainian civilian infrastructure has been in preparing for the now-here winter season. 

The Ukrainian offensive was not successful.  Clearly, neither was the Russian offensive.  At this stage, it's a meat grinder for both sides.  While the meat grinder definitely favored Soviet sensibilities in WW2, it's worth remembering that the Russians and the Ukrainians both fought on the Soviet side in WW2.

Gusington

Putin is counting on the West giving up and throwing our collective hands in the air as he has since the beginning. I hope we don't.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Uberhaus

Quote from: Gusington on December 20, 2023, 12:56:18 PMPutin is counting on the West giving up and throwing our collective hands in the air as he has since the beginning. I hope we don't.
Hear, hear!

Uberhaus

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/12/20/russia-ukraine-war-latest-news-front-line-attack-putin-live/

QuoteThe DIU said: "In the Kupyansk direction of the front of the occupiers, rat-bite fever is mowing down en masse.

"As a result, rat-bite fever significantly reduced the fighting ability of the Russian rats."

Just waiting on Putin to declare that cat-scratch fever is the cure.

Windigo

Quote from: Uberhaus on December 20, 2023, 06:07:45 PMhttps://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/12/20/russia-ukraine-war-latest-news-front-line-attack-putin-live/

QuoteThe DIU said: "In the Kupyansk direction of the front of the occupiers, rat-bite fever is mowing down en masse.

"As a result, rat-bite fever significantly reduced the fighting ability of the Russian rats."

Just waiting on Putin to declare that cat-scratch fever is the cure.

the cure to fever is more cow bell.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.