B&O Gamebox Refugee Game

Started by egg_salad, August 29, 2016, 06:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rstites25

Quote from: jwoodall04 on September 14, 2016, 09:00:07 PM
Well I cycled the two 5s so you could kill the game (and win it for me) with the NYC... don't quite need 10 deliveries for the Wabash at this point.

I thought it was already a foregone conclusion that we'd get to the 6's this turn. But maybe I was just assuming you'd buy 2 5's...

egg_salad

I would assume the Erie is going to buy a train.
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

egg_salad

B&M went, paid out $12/sh.

C&O/Chris up next.

binkman

C&O paid out $28/share. Mike is up to run the icky.

egg_salad

Icky pays out $26/share.  L'amour / Erie up.

Woodall

Quote from: rstites25 on September 15, 2016, 08:42:33 AM
Quote from: jwoodall04 on September 14, 2016, 09:00:07 PM
Well I cycled the two 5s so you could kill the game (and win it for me) with the NYC... don't quite need 10 deliveries for the Wabash at this point.

I thought it was already a foregone conclusion that we'd get to the 6's this turn. But maybe I was just assuming you'd buy 2 5's...

I believe you had the option to buy the first 6 after I did buy the 2 5s last turn. Maybe I was mistaken on company order, but I thought that would end it. That's why I had the Wabash with 2 5s at the beginning of this business round, when I'd make more with just the one. :)

rstites25

That may very well be. I seem to recall withholding in BR1 last time with the intent of buying a 5 in BR2. But then when I was up in BR2, there was just a 6. I think my concern during the SR was whether the NYC would have a chance to get a 6.

You should know by now, that I won't expedite the end of a game just because I have little to no chance of winning. It probably would have been to your advantage to leave a 5 for the NYC since you make almost as much money off the NYC as I do.  ;D

Woodall

Oh, I didn't expect you to do it. I just thought I'd present the opportunity. I went to the 6 because it was $500 and the NYC had $500. And I thought it'd be a suiting end after I read you receivership play (though you may not have wanted me in that so quickly). :)

rstites25

Quote from: rstites25 on September 15, 2016, 04:14:36 PM
That may very well be. I seem to recall withholding in BR1 last time with the intent of buying a 5 in BR2. But then when I was up in BR2, there was just a 6. I think my concern during the SR was whether the NYC would have a chance to get a 6.

You should know by now, that I won't expedite the end of a game just because I have little to no chance of winning. It probably would have been to your advantage to leave a 5 for the NYC since you make almost as much money off the NYC as I do.  ;D

Unfortunately, I had to withhold dividends to ensure that I would be first in the Stock Round to make sure I'd be able to start the NYC. Had I paid out and then Chris [I think] did not start the NYC when he went first instead of me, I would have been able to get 7 shares instead of 6. I had hoped that someone further down the Net-Worth ladder would have bought the shares instead of either you or Mike. I probably would have made up enough ground on them at 6/4 or 7/3 to pass them and if neither Mike or you had the shares, I might have made a run at you guys.

l'amour

Erie bought a 6 train, built to Cleveland and Chicago and paid a dividend of 90 to me and 60 to Woodall.

Binkman's Pen to go next.

binkman

Penn paid out $51 a share. On to Rex to close out the PENNultimate business round.

See what I did there?  :D

rstites25

NH ran for $70 net and paid out $28 to me, $21 to Woodall, and $21 to the company.

NYC bought a 6 train and ran to:

Chicago ($100)
Indy ($60)
Ft. Wayne ($50)
Detroit ($90)
Cleveland ($60)
Wheeling ($60)
Pitt ($80)
Buff ($60)
Syr ($40)
Utica ($20)
Albany ($50)
NY ($80)
Philly ($60)

For a total of $810 less $180 maintenance is a total of $630

Paid out dividends of $63 per share. $378 to me and $252 to Woodall

Back to Mike and the B&O for the final ultimate round.

rstites25

Since this game is winding down, is everyone interested in playing again? Play this again or something else? 18XX?

I'm up for anything. I'd really like to keep playing if everyone else is up for it.

egg_salad

I'm up for playing this or something else.  I think we've got a good group.  I think an 18XX would be fun.

B&O paid out $49/sh -- Wabash Woodall is up.

Woodall

I'm traveling this weekend - if someone wants to run the Wabash for me to expedite the last round, that'd be real swell. No cubes left so should be automatic to optimize it!