India Launches Its First Aircraft Carrier

Started by Gusington, September 02, 2022, 01:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Umm, I think that it's 2nd aircraft carrier.  Afloat at this time.  It is apparently the third aircraft carrier in the history of the Indian Navy.  I have no idea what the acronym is for the Indian Navy.

Staggerwing

It's the first CV that India has built domestically. It has a wary eye on the Peoples Liberation Army Navy (I can never type that w/out thinking of a military surplus store in Berkley).

Though the PLAN launched a domestic CV first it has minimal experience in carrier ops while India's navy has had over 30 years of it, which gives them a substantial advantage over China.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Windigo

Waiting here for Starfurry to come in here and say something angry, yet profound about this.  :D
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

whats to say?
its a shitty 50 year old soviet design.
if youve already operated various carriers over the decades and youre going to build you own why use that as your template?
it makes no sense at all.  they could have kept the hull and lower decks mostly the same and used a far better flight deck layout.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

FarAway Sooner

Star, do you know the fastest way to screw up a really, really good idea?

Institutionalize it.

Windigo

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on September 09, 2022, 06:14:34 PM
Star, do you know the fastest way to screw up a really, really good idea?

Institutionalize it.

via a committee

Uberhaus

It will launch its first air strike against the heart of the Khalistani movement, but hopefully my house will be unscathed.

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 09, 2022, 04:55:21 PM
whats to say?
its a shitty 50 year old soviet design.
if youve already operated various carriers over the decades and youre going to build you own why use that as your template?
it makes no sense at all.  they could have kept the hull and lower decks mostly the same and used a far better flight deck layout.

You go with what you know? Carrier on a budget?

GDS_Starfury

well I will admit the improved the flight deck layout a fair bit.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

Yes, as long as no cows wander onto it and won't move.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.