Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^Wow - has the Russian cabal taken over? Going to guess this is just Ukrainian propaganda.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 19, 2023, 11:21:52 AMthe more I read the more it looks like Poland just doesnt give a fuck about Germanys opinion on the tank matter anymore.

Poland has a huge domestic political faction that is EXTREMELY anti-German.  Not pro-Russian or anti-NATO, just anti-German (based on historical events, you see).  It's hard to tell how much of what's going on reflects actual Polish foreign policy and how much reflects political theater intended for Polish domestic political consumption.

I've been unimpressed with NATO's willingness to play hardball with Russia when it come to Ukraine, but I've been even more unimpressed with Germany's willingness to play hardball with Russia.  I guess at least they haven't announced a new Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact yet...

GDS_Starfury

soon this will be Ukrainian tankers!
this loader in a Chally is getting it done.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1615840272193126401
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on January 19, 2023, 01:26:56 PM^Wow - has the Russian cabal taken over? Going to guess this is just Ukrainian propaganda.

Soft propaganda: he was replying to the idea that Ukraine should look into negotiating with Russia, and took a satirical stance about Putin's health. He did soften it to a wry joke by stating that he had no evidence for a dead Putin or body doubles or whatever, but the main point wasn't a serious claim about Putin's health. You can only say you have no basis for negotiations (yet) before you get bored and try to come up with a more amusing way to decline.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Pete Dero on January 19, 2023, 01:22:30 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 19, 2023, 12:11:02 PM^Thanks Tripoli - any links on Putin's possible 'death'?

Ukrainian President Volodimir Zelensky questioned at the World Economic Forum whether Putin is still alive. "I don't really understand who to speak to," he says of possible negotiations.

"I'm not sure that the president of Russia - who can sometimes be seen on television somewhere - is the man to be negotiated with. And that he is still alive," Zelensky said during a video conference.

Zelensky gets points for creativity. Zelensky wins with this statement either way.

If Putin has managed to stay away from windows and not wear poisoned underwear, this statement comes over as a great Zelensky troll of Putin.

If on the other hand, Putin is taking a well-deserved dirt nap, Zelensky will be hailed for his amazing insight. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, if Putin is looking for weapons from the 60s to help out, how about digging this thing out from the Caspian Sea for the propaganda points?!

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Sir Slash

The Caspian Sea Monster moves west with Vlad riding bareback on top. That'd make a lot of people at NASA quit drinking.  :omg_2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

I really dont think the vast majority of the west gets how much Poland, the Baltic States and Scandinavia hate russia.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gusington

Is Polish hate greater for Russia or Germany?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Interesting and shouldn't be surprising:

Serbia uproar over Wagner mercenaries recruiting for Russia
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64329371

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 20, 2023, 12:17:21 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 20, 2023, 09:04:48 AMIs Polish hate greater for Russia or Germany?

Yes.
I see what you did there.  Jason is on a roll!  (seeded, not Kaiser)

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: Gusington on January 20, 2023, 09:04:48 AMIs Polish hate greater for Russia or Germany?
I think the Polish presence in NATO would suggest that there's more distrust of Russia these days.  The hatred for Germany seems to be very factionalized. 

I've not followed Polish politics closely, but I've read that their relationship with Germany is particularly troubled at this point in time, with some of the country's right-leaning party leaders NOT being on the same page as the Polish President in terms of rhetoric or sentiment (he is, I think, trying to walk a little more in the middle there, but it's costing him politically--within his own base, as I recall).

Gusington

^'We live in interesting times.'

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury