Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Your Friendly Z-Guide To War Crimes, chapter 276: Killing Medics and Firefighters.

1. Shell / bomb at a civilian target
2. Wait until medics and firefighters arrive
3. Shell / bomb the same target again.

Done countless times, this time caught on a video. Who said they are all untrained? Not so.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-russian-double-strike-that-killed-a-u-s-medic-in-ukraine-they-had-us-in-sight-442cd058?st=sei5wqyg3ud5cd6&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

JudgeDredd

I don't know the validity of this, but I found it interesting regarding resources, sanctions and the like.

Interesting if not wholly, accurately informative.

Alba gu' brath

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on February 15, 2023, 05:34:31 PMRussians near Alaska and other spots way far north:

Various articles (including this one), say it's normal for the Russians to probe the neutral zone (I forget its technical name) several times of year, to practice drills and test response times. We knew this set was coming, and Russia publicized it, too. Some nice photos of a classic Tu-95, and... what's the nickname of the Tu-160, the Swan?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

white swan iirc.  still not as good as a B-1b.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

ArizonaTank

Another senior Russian official falls out of a window.

Don't know how Putin thinks Russia is going to be an empire again if he can't even fix the windows...;)

https://www.newsweek.com/marina-yankina-russian-defense-official-window-death-1781713
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Sir Slash

That's the Russian version of a, 'Golden Parachute'.  :doh:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 16, 2023, 03:14:03 PMThat's the Russian version of a, 'Golden Parachute'.  :doh:

This song is popular in Russia these days  :evil:

Gusington

^Damn it's been a while since I've seen a mention of Helloween  :Nerd: ...great thread for them to pop up in.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

Quote from: Crossroads on February 16, 2023, 01:10:30 AMYour Friendly Z-Guide To War Crimes, chapter 276: Killing Medics and Firefighters.

1. Shell / bomb at a civilian target
2. Wait until medics and firefighters arrive
3. Shell / bomb the same target again.

Done countless times, this time caught on a video. Who said they are all untrained? Not so.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-russian-double-strike-that-killed-a-u-s-medic-in-ukraine-they-had-us-in-sight-442cd058?st=sei5wqyg3ud5cd6&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

Russians perfected that in Syria, double tapping bomb sites to get the rescue workers.

FarAway Sooner

Don't be such a sucker.  Those are NAZI Rescue Workers!!

:tophat:

Sir Slash

And Drug Addicts. Don't forget the Drug Addicts.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

JasonPratt

Yeesh, that track looks like a Bigfoot clan threw a kegger and produced a lot of new little foots -- several years in a row!

Not entirely relevant to this thread, tho, despite the (perhaps understandably) short-sighted hashtag appeal.

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 16, 2023, 12:20:42 PMwhite swan iirc.  still not as good as a B-1b.

Ah! -- ironically, I think I rejected that being the proper title for thinking I was mixing it up in my memory with a classic Ace Combat boss!  :grin: https://acecombat.fandom.com/wiki/White_Bird_(Part_II)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

While looking for the proper name of that AC5 boss, I discovered the White Swan is playable in one of the modern Ace Combat games!

GDS_Starfury