Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Windigo

If the UK is considering it... likely means they are already there.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

Definitely did not expect a Biden visit to Kyiv. Nicely done.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Windigo on February 20, 2023, 02:40:42 PMIf the UK is considering it... likely means they are already there.

"considering" unpacking them. ;)

Wow, that barrel is sagging at the end! -- that thing will have to be replaced.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

FarAway Sooner

Yup.  You're only going to fire one more bullet out of that.

It might be your last.

FarAway Sooner

I wonder exactly what medium-range missiles they might be talking about.  ATACMS would be the easiest to support logistically, I would think, with HIMARS launchers already in country and well-understood.  But I don't even know what else might be in the NATO arsenal.  It sounds like the US announced on 2/20/23 that they don't have enough ATACMS to make sending them to Ukraine useful, but I'm not sure how that works.

The ATACMS itself is getting long in the tooth (more than 30 years old now), but I have no idea what the status of its replacement program is.  With a range of only a little under 200 miles, I have no idea if or how the ATACMS might be used in any Taiwan conflict.  Going after Russian train depots 150 miles behind the front lines seems like a good use in Ukraine, even if we only commit 50 or 100 of them.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

QuoteATACMS would be the easiest to support logistically, I would think, with HIMARS launchers already in country and well-understood.  But I don't even know what else might be in the NATO arsenal

I would imagine that any NATO missile is going to be m270/Himars compatible because thats pretty much how NATO rolls.

FarAway Sooner

Yeah.  The ATACMS is the next step up in terms of ordinance for the HIMARS.  But it's unclear how many of them we have, much less how many we'd be willing to share with the Ukrainians.

The replacements for the ATACMS might be coming out sometime this year, or they might not.  The glacial pace of weapons production in the US seems a little confounding to me.  Not that it takes a while to ramp up manufacturing capacity, but that we only seemed to notice this problem starting a couple months ago...

GDS_Starfury

the military industrial complex isnt nearly as geared for mass production as many think it is.

Pete Dero

Quick summary of Putin's speech today :

We didn't start the fire
No, we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

Putin said that Russia has done "everything possible" to resolve the conflict peacefully, and accused the West of turning a blind eye to "terrorist activity" in eastern Ukraine.
Putin also repeated the unsubstantiated claim that Ukraine was pushing to be provided with nuclear weapons, and doubled down on his framing of the invasion as a pre-emptive, defensive action.
He went on to double down on blaming the West for the war in Ukraine.
"I want to repeat: it was they who unleashed the war," said Putin. "And we used and continue to use force to stop it."

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on February 21, 2023, 12:09:25 AMYeah.  The ATACMS is the next step up in terms of ordinance for the HIMARS.  But it's unclear how many of them we have, much less how many we'd be willing to share with the Ukrainians.

The replacements for the ATACMS might be coming out sometime this year, or they might not.  The glacial pace of weapons production in the US seems a little confounding to me.  Not that it takes a while to ramp up manufacturing capacity, but that we only seemed to notice this problem starting a couple months ago...
Actually there is one between standard HIMARS rocket and ATACMs.  It's the GLSDB with a range of about 150 km (about double the standard HIMARS 80).  It was supposedly included in latest shipments to Ukraine.

https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htart/articles/20230209.aspx

ArizonaTank

A "leaked" Kremlin strategy document sets out plans to annex Belarus no later than 2030.

Not certain if I believe that this document is real or not, but it "feels" right.

If true, that makes Lukashenko the proverbial snail crawling on a razors edge.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/revealed-leaked-document-shows-how-russia-plans-to-take-over-belarus/ar-AA17Jsik?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=454ded251abe426497e98a3f49bc256c
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.