Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Groggy

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 24, 2023, 07:47:10 PMsoon  :evil:

I'm worried about their vulnerability against the 9M133 Kornet.
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Groggy on April 24, 2023, 09:53:11 PM

there are already photos of leo2s being fitted with ERA, which should be interesting.  I'm also wondering how many atgm the russians have to use.  Im sure its a fair amount but....?

GDS_Starfury

Gusington

I dunno if the aging of Russia's nuclear arsenal makes me feel better or worse. I think worse.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I realize it's an oversimplification, but I tend to lean toward "Fewer Russian nukes = better".

Then again, Putler may start feeling like he's gotta use 'em or lose 'em.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

That was an interesting article. I don't know if a Kiev source is the most reliable concerning Russia's nukes, but it was a view I never considered. I would be worried also that Putler would do as Jason suggests and get his money's worth while he still can.  :HideEyes: Meanwhile, Ping looks-on hungrily.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

I known I've  brought up the question as to whether they would work before.
now for some jdams:

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1650891799521640449?t=e9MtSk6R2Fuukao3blQ2YA&s=19

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: Groggy on April 24, 2023, 09:53:11 PM

Even modern MBTs can't survive operating solo today.  That's where the importance of the Bradleys and other IFVs really comes into play--along with adequate recon vehicles, disposable drones for aerial spotting, artillery, etc. 

Combined arms teams using aggressively deployed infantry are a must to ensure the survival of tanks in most terrain--the Russians learned this lesson the hard way near the start of the war.  Tanks obviously do better in open terrain than in forests, cities, or swamps.  But even in open terrain, the Kormet has a range of up to 6 miles and can be concealed.

Modern war is often about "shooting something I kinda see with whatever I've got on hand".  While that bodes well for the more modern tanks equipped with ERA, these systems aren't silver bullets... er, silver tanks?

Gusington

If the whole Russian state falls apart the nukes can end up anywhere and my central fear of the 1000s of Russian nukes suddenly becoming someone else's nukes is palpable - do we really want Chechens running around with tactical nukes? Even just a couple?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

that didnt happen when they fell apart before and it wont happen the next time.  this is something else Ive mentioned in this thread.  simply put, we bought them for above retail value and no one wants to be running from the CIA and every other intelligence service.

Gusington

^There's no way to account for every single one if Russia collapses, the past is no guarantee of future performance and jihadists or other lunatics don't give a shit who is after them.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

while I agree with you for the most part we're talking about people or groups that would have every police and intelligence service on the planet hunting them down.
Id rather take the money.  never bet against enlightened self interest.

Gusington

There's just too many nukes and Russia is too much of a basket case - the risks are higher now than 30+ years ago when the USSR collapsed.

On another similar point that you made above and I do agree with - it's anyone's guess if the majority of Russia's nukes will even work at this point.

But couple with that with really shitty security, command, control...oy vey, breh.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd