Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JasonPratt

Some updates from Business Basics, 11 hours ago.

The big news is that Wagner got within an ace of acquiring tactical nukes, down to backsize level, at Voronezh-45. But he absolutely positively for sure didn't get any such things and then dissolve his group to scatter to the four winds, nope!

:HideEyes:

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Uberhaus

There were doubts that "backpack" nuclear weapons were there and even more that they would be in working order.  There were more doubts that Wagner had anyone present that could assemble and make any weapon operational.
From Reuters:  https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/exclusive-wagner-fighters-neared-russian-nuclear-base-during-revolt/ar-AA1dGu5s?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d4887fcd34cf46e0905b7603775239fb&ei=94

JasonPratt

That's a relief!

I was just thinking, one of George Clooney's best films was Peacemaker, a Tom Clancy-ish story about the effort to stop someone (kind of a sympathetic antagonist all things considered) planning to build and detonate a backpack nuke, in New York City iirc.

Excellent score from fairly early in Hans Zimmer's career, too!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

^OMFG it is one of my fears coming true. I feel like it's only a matter of time and where the nuke will be used.  :doh:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That's the real, Sum of All Fears isn't it? What's scarier than Putin with nukes? Prigo with nukes.  :HideEyes:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^Or some schmuck with a nuclear backpack running through the streets.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

Given the state of leadership in Russia, I wouldn't be surprised if several backpacks are missing and that several oligarchs have them as insurance against falling out of windows.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

calm down Gus, I'm sure NYC is covered in radiological sensors and alarms.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

Would those sensors/alarms give enough time to save people?

I'm an hour away from NYC anyway and 10 minutes from West Point. Who knows what kind of sensors they have or if they would be any more helpful.

We were laid low and crippled by heavy thunderstorms three days ago. I shudder at the thought of a loose nuke.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I think traffic's so bad, it'd take 3-4 days to get downtown to detonate a nuke. Then the guy'd probably get robbed before he could set the bomb down good.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Honestly more worried that a nuke will go off in eastern Europe somewhere. The math of it seems realistic.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

And I'm 2.5 hours away from NYC.  If something terrible happened there maybe I wouldn't die on the day of, but certainly I would die from sickness weeks or days later. 

I also heard that the coast guard shutdown most of the east coast yesterday searching for something.  Can't seem to find any non-prepper (i.e. mainstream) news sources to confirm. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd