Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

How many Turkish subs operate in the Black Sea?  :cool:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

that russian counter attack in the north seems to be getting chewed to pieces with lots of footage of cluster munitions used.  this is the exact tactical environment these things were designed for.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Gusington on July 21, 2023, 03:30:45 PMHow many Turkish subs operate in the Black Sea?  :cool:

how many SSNs are there that no one knows about?

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 21, 2023, 03:33:16 PMthat russian counter attack in the north seems to be getting chewed to pieces with lots of footage of cluster munitions used.  this is the exact tactical environment these things were designed for.

Ukraine recieving Cluster Munitions to blunt Russkie offensive.
Nick of time coincidence?    Ooooooorrrrr?
Intelligence saw it coming and time of delivery was deliberate?

I know where I fall on this.

As an aside....
I used to go on the odd winter vacation in Cuba (Canadian privilege), but I won't now. Poor decision by Cuban leadership to hob-knob with Putin. Yeah I know that for years the russians ignored Cuba, and now they come plying them with food/oil/tech.... but still.... have they no pride/global political sense?
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

FarAway Sooner

Windi, I do wonder how much of the US decision to supply them with cluster munitions was because:

1) The US was running out of other types of 155mm shells to share right away, or...
2) The Ukes were running out of Soviet-made 152mm cluster munitions for when they needed them, or...
3) Somebody's intelligence suspected that they'd be useful.

Of course, there's also the guy posted a few pages upthread who speculated that the submunitions would just be used to arm disposable Ukrainian drones.

I guess "all of the above" is as likely an answer as any other.  But, yeah, cluster munitions are much more useful in attacking soft and semi-hard targets than in hitting prepared defensive fortifications.

GDS_Starfury

its all the above.  I'm willing to just give in to serendipity.   :Dreamer:

GDS_Starfury

Uberhaus

Quote from: Tripoli on July 14, 2023, 10:26:29 AMIf people on the board are interested, I can run a couple of simulations in Matrix Games' "Nuclear War Simulator" and post the results here.  Let me know what scenarios you are interested in.  I think probably the worst case would be a 1 kT W54 at 40' in the air, but I'm willing to run others.

Instead could I please ask your expert opinion on a comparison of the Russian and Turkish navies in the Black Sea?  Unfortunately, Turkey's economic interests are threatened and I think we will see posturing should Erdogan find Putin intransigent on further attempts at diplomacy.  However, Turkey, under Erdogan, did shoot down a SU-24 in 2015 in Syria, allegedly over black market fuel.  It's a big jump from shooting down a plane in 2015, to a potential naval confrontation now, but I am curious about the ramifications.

GDS_Starfury

if a fight happens in the Black Sea, Turkey "should" be more then able to handle russia by itself.

SirAndrewD

Loaded statements here...

https://notesfrompoland.com/2023/07/21/poland-must-be-reminded-its-western-territories-were-gift-from-stalin-says-putin/

A lot of rhetoric that mirrors some of the statements before the start of the Ukraine war.  Notably, that Poland exists at the pleasure and generosity of Russia and its existence is probably a mistake. 

Also some cute weirdly pro-Nazi historical revisionism, blaming Polish aggression for the start of WW2.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

brilliant idea!  piss of the one country thats seriously considering getting involved without NATO.

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury