Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

Jesus, Mary and JoJo to those last two...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Windigo

Hearing about some good/more significant things coming from the offensive now. Apparently operational flexibility is giving the UAF some decent gains now.

Given the increased tempo of russian twitters with both weird and outlandish claims, I'd say the breaking point is very near.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Windigo on July 28, 2023, 01:40:47 PMHearing about some good/more significant things coming from the offensive now. Apparently operational flexibility is giving the UAF some decent gains now.

Given the increased tempo of russian twitters with both weird and outlandish claims, I'd say the breaking point is very near.

The UAF breached and flanked the first line of works in two places.  It's about to get spicy.

The entirety of the last two and a half months was mine clearing.  The amount of mines the Russians placed even strangled their own counter offensive options and capabilities and will be a gift that keeps on giving for the next couple of hundred years.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Con

I do think this is an application where AI will make some significant contributions along with drone/remote technology

https://counteriedreport.com/next-generation-demining-with-ai-and-drones/

Windigo

Quote from: SirAndrewD on July 28, 2023, 01:45:05 PM
Quote from: Windigo on July 28, 2023, 01:40:47 PMHearing about some good/more significant things coming from the offensive now. Apparently operational flexibility is giving the UAF some decent gains now.

The UAF breached and flanked the first line of works in two places.  It's about to get spicy.

The entirety of the last two and a half months was mine clearing.  The amount of mines the Russians placed even strangled their own counter offensive options and capabilities and will be a gift that keeps on giving for the next couple of hundred years.

If we send city parks staff who skillfully find and retrieve needles discarded by druggies, to the Ukraine - it'll be cleared of mines in less than a year.  /s
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

SirAndrewD

Yeah, signifcantly good news coming out. 

The Russian offensive in Luhansk stalled, in many ways thanks to swift and effective deployment of artillery and fast acting by the local commander who was given the unenviable task of stabilizing the situation outnumbered 2:1 and commanding Territorial troops and reservists in training. 

The initial Russian gains have almost entirely been erased and the UAF has been doing a phased withdrawal to heights that they're fortifying near the Oskil Reservoir.

Expect to potentially see them surrender ground in the coming days gradually as they fall back to the stronger prepared positions as they've bought themselves valuable time to do so. 

And south of Orikhiv the UAF has made a significant and potentially decisive breach of the Russian works.

The most important part of that is that they have gotten into and are now flanking the entire main line of Russian entrenchments.  They pushed specifically in a schwerpunkt to cut the line, and now they can work their way up the trenches east to west, not into them.

With a push towards Verbove of only a couple more kilometers they are into the first reserve trench line as well and the Russians will be forced to pull back to their third and final set of works much farther to the south.

This area should be significantly less mined as the Russians have been using it to move men and supplies back and forth.  While they can quickly redeploy more fields, they won't be anywhere nearly as dense or problematic as the ones the UAF have been forced to clear before. 

I'd expect the Russians, if capable, will try some significant and determined counterattacks as the breaches there have compromised their ability to hold the main defense works. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

this shit show went down yesterday.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1684948655479074816

important to note that the infantry deployed before the bmps got smacked and ultimately the UAF took the trenchs and field and advanced.  while unconfirmed my take is that was part of the breach that Andrew covered.

also important to note that ayden is a fucking russian propagandist.  it is however another information source so as to not be stuck in an echo chamber.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 28, 2023, 05:43:57 PMimportant to note that the infantry deployed before the bmps got smacked and ultimately the UAF took the trenchs and field and advanced.  while unconfirmed my take is that was part of the breach that Andrew covered.

It was. 

There was no way they weren't taking losses there and I'm sure the boys that were sent in knew what they were being asked to do and what was riding on it. 

I imagine the Russians will have quite a few kill boxes baked into some of those "weak" points. 

And this is unconfirmed and not yet reflected on maps but it's good news that is coming through.  The UAF is apparently in Verbove already.  If so that's an advance of almost 5km since yesterday's action and it means the UAF is behind and also flanking the reserve line of the main trench works. 

JasonPratt

"COMRADES! -- our glorious Motherland needs more computer chips! The vile Nazis have millions of them, even in things like this washing machine here!"

"Hahahaha! How useless!"

"In a washing machine yes, but in our hands?!"

"....um, in our hands, what?"

"Ah, comrade, in our hands our beloved motherland will pay us FIVE US DOLLARS!"

"Amazing! How do we get them out?!"

"We must be careful, comrade, for if they are damaged they will be useless, and so only worth two US dollars!"

"Oh. Well, the solution is obvious! You take that side, and I'll take the other!"

"....ugh, but comrades, you could be carrying me to, cough, the rear lines for medical--"

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/15bxuuz/in_the_field_there_is_no_water_or_food_but_there/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, cute Ukrainian correspondent flatters Czech vampire!  :Dreamer:

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Sir Slash

I'm thinking the Ukes need a lot more of these as well as a lot more trees to hide them in.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

JasonPratt