Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

Sir Slash

I watch most of the blogs from all the sources almost every day and again night. I see a great many that tell a very different story than the one you so often portray. But you never post any of those videos because they don't tell the story the way you want it to be told, so obviously Pro-Ukraine. You have a right to be so but you don't have a right to consider yourself as anything but that, like a source of realist, reliable information. Admit it, you're a cheerleader Star. There's no point to take the largest part of what you post here as anything except for entertainment and one-sided blather. There's no reason you should react so hatefully to that.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

I never said I wasn't biased.  in fact I'm unabashedly pro Ukraine.
why is it that you never post links to your information sources?
if you find them so compelling whats the issue with sharing them here?

Jarhead0331

Here's a novel concept. It's possible to be pro-Ukraine, anti-Russia and anti-war, all at the same time. I find commentators who are pro-Ukrainian, but anti-war to be the most reliable and legitimate sources of accurate information.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead0331

Willy OAM on youtube is great, for example.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 02, 2023, 07:12:13 AMHere's a novel concept. It's possible to be pro-Ukraine, anti-Russia and anti-war, all at the same time. I find commentators who are pro-Ukrainian, but anti-war to be the most reliable and legitimate sources of accurate information.

I'm hoping most people are anti-war (even wargamers).
By this I mean not resorting to war to achieve one's goals.
Unfortunately guys like Putin share the planet with us so we need defensive organizations like NATO, but that doesn't mean being pro-war in my book.  Nor if you do not give in to Putin's unlawful demands.

Sir Slash

He is also one I watch almost every day and agree he's right down the middle, even though he's been accused repeatedly by pro-Ukrainians as being pro-Russian. But as I've said before, by seeing what the pro-whoever sides are saying you can get a degree of what's really going on. If I posted a link to ANY blogger or site, that's the same as saying I endorse what they are saying, good or bad. And then it'll trigger someone somewhere to call me another bad name. I will let others deal with that.

In the end, none of us truly knows what's happening in Ukraine at any given moment which is why we shouldn't attack others for posting their legitimate beliefs or opinions here.

I would like to think if there were someone who legitimately believed Russia was in the right in this war, they would be given a chance to share that with us, their reasons, facts, and opinions. And be treated respectfully in return. Anybody think that's possible here? Or would they just be shouted-down and then personally insulted via PM's? I hope we're better than that.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

You've been personally insulted in PMs?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 02, 2023, 12:08:17 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 02, 2023, 07:12:13 AMHere's a novel concept. It's possible to be pro-Ukraine, anti-Russia and anti-war, all at the same time. I find commentators who are pro-Ukrainian, but anti-war to be the most reliable and legitimate sources of accurate information.

Unfortunately guys like Putin share the planet with us so we need defensive organizations like NATO, but that doesn't mean being pro-war in my book.  Nor if you do not give in to Putin's unlawful demands.

Most average people probably are anti-war, but unfortunately those who are making most of the decisions in the United States are not anti-war...in fact, they are unabashedly pro-war. Both sides of the isle, democrat and republican, for the most part, support prolonging and escalating the war in Ukraine. Despite the broadening ideological divide between the major parties in this country, one of the the few things they continue to have in common is their support for armed conflict around the world. This is because the elected leaders in this country are largely bought off by the same special interests in the military industrial complex that knows no ideology other than the dollar.

This is depressing and cynical, but sadly very true.   
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

GDS_Starfury

then what are we, the US, supposed to do when things like the Ukraine happen?  or Taiwan?
the worlds far to interconnected to become isolationist.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 02, 2023, 01:19:45 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on October 02, 2023, 12:08:17 PM

Most average people probably are anti-war, but unfortunately those who are making most of the decisions in the United States are not anti-war...in fact, they are unabashedly pro-war. Both sides of the isle, democrat and republican, for the most part, support prolonging and escalating the war in Ukraine. Despite the broadening ideological divide between the major parties in this country, one of the the few things they continue to have in common is their support for armed conflict around the world. This is because the elected leaders in this country are largely bought off by the same special interests in the military industrial complex that knows no ideology other than the dollar.

This is depressing and cynical, but sadly very true.   

And I have no doubt that they made sure that none of their relatives had to fight and die.