Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MengJiao

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 11, 2023, 01:01:39 AMwhatever the fuck the russians tried around Avdiivka did not work out at all for them
as posted:

+820 men
+34 tanks
+91 APVs (?!?) 😨
+18 artillery pieces
+1 MLRS
+1 AD system
+19 UAVs

to lazy to post pictures but even if you reduce the kit by 2/3s...

This was supposed to be a distraction from something or what?

GDS_Starfury

the russians have been trying to close that pocket since day 1 of the way and this was a hail mary push I guess.
and now....

claymore drones!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1712155355306721494

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Uberhaus

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on October 11, 2023, 10:14:30 AMIt's camouflaged for the snow that's coming in a few months?

Hopefully, they'll get lots of whitewash and few winter uniforms and suffer like the Wehrmacht in the winter of 41-42.

Ukraine has received a lot of winter kit and surely will receive more.

Uberhaus

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 10, 2023, 07:28:35 AMthey're so fucking dumb.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1711699950231298129

I wondered what Russia's rocket scientists were up to after August.  Don't be so hard on them Starfury, they just want to be cosmonauts.

GDS_Starfury

anyone ever go back and reread the beginnings of this thread?
ya have to get to page 20 or so to get to the actual start of the war.
I had this comment which is laughable now:
QuoteI saw a bit where it was theorized that the Ukraine would need to inflict 300 tank kills and around 10000 infantry kills to get putin to call off his adventurism.
well thats certainly been surpassed.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

When men were men who loaded rocket launchers with hammers and large pieces of equipment. And they tell us vodka can't kill you.  :HideEyes:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

russian got super fucked this week.

GDS_Starfury

I know it doesn't look like much in terms of territory but the losses.... 
putins desperate for any kind of victory.

FarAway Sooner

Long-term, Russia is probably demographically screwed by the charnel house that they've created in Southern Europe.  Shorter-term, I wonder if they even care about casualties.

So long as they have mines and trenches and artillery and Ukrainian territory, my sense is that they can keep killing Ukrainians.  That seems to be the sole goal of Russian policy at the moment.  Prevent Russian casualties seems very low on their list.

My sense is that sustaining horrible casualties, without significantly changing the logistical picture on either side, is probably most accurately referred to as "stalemate". 

SirAndrewD

Quote from: MengJiao on October 11, 2023, 03:47:30 PMThis was supposed to be a distraction from something or what?

Unfortunately for the Russians it's not a distraction. 

34 more tanks lost in the last 24 hours.  That includes T-90's.  They're showing why the UAF shouldn't be doing massed assaults in these conditions. 

They're all in on taking a major objective before the Rasputitsa fully kicks in.   
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JasonPratt

The Russians were demographically screwed over in the long term even BEFORE they invaded. Arguably it's the key reason why they invaded.

The invasion has only made that worse. Or rather, any result other than pronto capitulation was only going to make their demographic situation increasingly worse. Which is why they went for the crazy-early win, despite being unable to keep that assault going for long enough to conventionally win: they only had to terrorize the Cossacks out of fighting back any more. (There is a principal problem in that plan.  :RockOn: )

They've been able to stave off defeat by NOT going for full mobilization and only doing some penny-parceling of forces onto the line, playing for time and hoping everyone else gets tired of helping the Cossacks not-lose. If the Russians weren't a bunch of mafia thugs in charge of neutering their own military for self-protection, they might even could have won with their crappy situations.

But then they might have bootstrapped themselves up to being a truly mighty nation and not needed to loot Ukraine of its people and functionality in order to survive another generation.

(Which is not to downplay Ukraine's own problems, though a significant fraction of those problems can be traced back to being a neighbor to Russia and a province of the Soviet Union before that.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury