Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarAway Sooner

That is crazy terrain.

Living in the Philippines decades ago, there are entire sections of the landscape that were downwind from Mount Pinatubo that were buried in 5-15 feet of volcanic ash.  When the tropical rains came, there was nowhere for the mud to go, and the ash hardened into dark gray, concrete-like lahar.

There are simply huge lahar fields where nothing grows.  I've never realized you could stand anywhere on the Earth and not see a scrap of vegetation for miles in any direction.  It was very disorienting.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

I thought Newark had weed hothouses everywhere now?  Lush and fertile, I've heard...     :Hug:

SirAndrewD

Multiple resources have tracked that the Russians initially committed three regular armored brigades to the initial encirclement of Avdiivka. 

Of those Brigades roughly 1 and 1/2 of a Brigade's worth of men and equipment remains.

The Russians are now bolstering the attack with large troop redeployments from other areas of the front.

The UAF seems content to halt their overall operations and dig in for the defense.  The UK MoD tracked that overall Russian losses have spiked by 90% in the last two weeks. 

NSC sources have said that Putin has ordered Avdiivka taken no matter the cost or timetable, with serious consequences faced for even talk of potential failure.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

ArizonaTank

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 25, 2023, 12:51:17 PMMultiple resources have tracked that the Russians initially committed three regular armored brigades to the initial encirclement of Avdiivka. 

Of those Brigades roughly 1 and 1/2 of a Brigade's worth of men and equipment remains.

The Russians are now bolstering the attack with large troop redeployments from other areas of the front.

The UAF seems content to halt their overall operations and dig in for the defense.  The UK MoD tracked that overall Russian losses have spiked by 90% in the last two weeks. 

NSC sources have said that Putin has ordered Avdiivka taken no matter the cost or timetable, with serious consequences faced for even talk of potential failure.

Hopefully this becomes a Nivelle Offensive moment for the Russians.

The WWI French 1917 offensive that took heavy losses for little gain. Afterwards, the poilu (ground pounders) decided they weren't going to charge into a meatgrinder anymore and many refused to attack; they would stay in the trenches and defend, but just not attack.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Tripoli

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 25, 2023, 12:51:17 PM...

Ave, Caesar, morituri te salutant    :sad:
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

A little history repeating, as Shirley Bassey would say.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

Uberhaus

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury