What's Cool in Science This Week?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 09, 2017, 11:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I hope they offer returning flights soon.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

personally I'm waiting for the hyperspace bypass route.
exit 42
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

steve58

QuoteJust in time for Halloween, NASA revealed that the "bones of a ghostly cosmic hand" that died 1,500 years ago are reaching out just above our heads.

Breathtaking telescopic images released by the space agency Monday show what appears to be a massive, four-fingered outstretched hand swirling around the Milky Way in purple plumes.

The spectral phalanges of pulsar wind nebula — known as MSH 15-52 — are the remnants of a giant star that collapsed on itself after running out of nuclear fuel to burn more than 15 centuries ago, forming an extremely dense object called a neutron star.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/31/tech/nasa-releases-spooky-pictures-of-ghostly-cosmic-hand/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

GDS_Starfury

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

steve58

QuoteThis month, Webb presents not one, but two spectacular treats... for the eyes. Two different detailed views of the barred spiral galaxy M83 are revealed in these new images, both taken using the NASA/ESA/CSA James Webb Space Telescope. M83, which is also known as NGC 5236, was observed by Webb as part of a series of observations collectively titled Feedback in Emerging extrAgalactic Star clusTers, or FEAST. Another target of the FEAST observations, M51, was the subject of a previous Webb Picture of the Month. As with all six galaxies that comprise the FEAST sample, M83 and M51 were observed with both NIRCam and MIRI, two of the four instruments that are mounted on Webb.

The slider tool above contrasts Webb's two views of M83 as observed with the MIRI instrument (left) and the NIRCam instrument (right). You can find the individual images in the sidebar.

https://esawebb.org/images/comparisons/potm2310a/

Click on the link above to use the slider view.

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Sigwolf

Quote from: steve58 on November 03, 2023, 04:37:27 PMOr maybe Van Gogh.
Nope, way too sharp and clear.  Hubble images were much closer to Van Gogh.   :outtahere:

GDS_Starfury