Main Menu

St. Louis Riots

Started by LongBlade, August 15, 2014, 11:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Last night was calm (finally, thankfully) after the Highway Patrol came in and helped calm the situation.

Now a story is breaking that the victim of the shooting was the primary suspect in a convenience store robbery just before he was killed.

And...there's video footage of him doing it.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/breaking-photos-released-of-suspect-michael-brown-robbing-store-before-shooting/

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

O rly...thought he was a total angel. Imagine my shock. Awe, even.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Initial reports made him out to be a poster child for good-boys-in-the-ghetto.

However, I think another lesson here still stands: rolling military hardware into an American city is a Bad IdeaTM.

Steelgrave

It will be interesting to see the reaction of the race hustlers for whom this is a terribly inconvenient discovery, especially the pictures of him bullying a much older, smaller person.

On the other hand, I do think the sudden national focus on the militarization of our police force is a good thing. It's a drum I've been beating for a couple of years now. Hopefully some folks, like Sen. Paul, won't walk away from the issue.

Steelgrave

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: LongBlade on August 15, 2014, 11:10:02 AM
Initial reports made him out to be a poster child for good-boys-in-the-ghetto.

However, I think another lesson here still stands: rolling military hardware into an American city is a Bad IdeaTM.

Ive been ignoring it.  are the police using MRAPs?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

LongBlade

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 15, 2014, 11:16:12 AM

Oh, yeah.

Machine guns, too. I watched an episode of Sons of Guns a couple seasons back where they were mounting a Mk19 grenade launcher on the back of a small sheriff's patrol boat (accompanied by a SAW).

LongBlade

QuoteAccording to the police reports, Brown and his friend, Dorian Johnson, were suspected of taking a box of cigars from a store in Ferguson that morning.

"I am incensed," Laura Keys, 50, told The St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "I can't believe this is the tactic they are using, bringing up a robbery to make the victim look like he was the person who created this whole mess."

Police have said Brown was shot after an officer encountered him and another man on the street. They say one of the men pushed the officer into his squad car, then physically assaulted him in the vehicle and struggled with the officer over the officer's weapon. At least one shot was fired inside the car before the struggle spilled onto the street, where Brown was shot multiple times, according to police.

But a much different story has been told by Dorian Johnson, who says he was walking down the street with Brown when he was shot. He has said the officer ordered them out of the street, then grabbed his friend's neck and tried to pull him into the car before brandishing his weapon and firing. He says Brown started to run and the officer pursued him, firing multiple times.

source: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/15/ferguson-police-say-michael-brown-fit-description-strong-arm-robbery-suspect/

BanzaiCat

I'm so tired of this crap. Especially how people seem to overlook the fact that had this idiot NOT been robbing a store or being a thuggish jackass in the first place, he'd not be cold on a slab right now.

But no, oh no. Momma's gonna cry about how the man shot her poor little beautiful angel, and the news will report that verbatim and completely overlook why it happened in the first place.

Check out this video...quite interesting perspective. Wish more people (of ANY color) thought this way.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: LongBlade on August 15, 2014, 11:19:15 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 15, 2014, 11:16:12 AM

Oh, yeah.

Machine guns, too. I watched an episode of Sons of Guns a couple seasons back where they were mounting a Mk19 grenade launcher on the back of a small sheriff's patrol boat (accompanied by a SAW).

there was also an episode where they rebuilt a NOLA cops WW2 Ferret for police work.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

LongBlade

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 15, 2014, 11:27:28 AM

there was also an episode where they rebuilt a NOLA cops WW2 Ferret for police work.

I saw that. It looked suspiciously like it was originally owned by the Afrika Korps.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Steelgrave on August 15, 2014, 11:11:07 AM

It will be interesting to see the reaction of the race hustlers for whom this is a terribly inconvenient discovery, especially the pictures of him bullying a much older, smaller person.

On the other hand, I do think the sudden national focus on the militarization of our police force is a good thing. It's a drum I've been beating for a couple of years now. Hopefully some folks, like Sen. Paul, won't walk away from the issue.

It is funny how the media is just now picking up the beat of this drum but only because of the racially charge situation.   :(
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

mirth

The attention on the militarization of US police departments is long overdue. I live in Maine and every powdunk PD is ready for WW3.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Maybe it's time to start wargaming some of this stuff.

What would happen if there was a turf war between some Local LEO Juice and either the County, the State, or Los Federales? Say some sheriff's son got caught wicking his dip in unripe forbidden fruit and the domino fallout was likely to bring down an entire local political dynasty. The Sheriff and his cousins Deputies refuse to give up the wayward lad and his growing evidence, despite said evidence's Senator Grandmother and army of lawyers. The Governor gets involved and sends in the Nat'l Guard to effect an arrest. The Locals have hardware and terrain savvy. The Staties have hardware and an AG up for re-election. The supporting Federales have air support.

Where do you think it will happen first, if at all? How far will it go? How do we work the Media into the game so it can potentially benefit either side?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

I don't know if I can see that happening. Isn't there a strong comraderie between LEO of all types? The long blue line?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd