Main Menu

Ebola in the US

Started by Labbug, September 30, 2014, 05:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

I wonder when "they" will ban all travel from countries known to be Ebola exporters.
Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 08, 2014, 02:11:06 PM
Freelance NBC cameraman returning this morning to Nebraska from Liberia, with Ebola.

Hoo boy. Not good. Hope he's OK.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

I can't help but hum a certain Doors song to myself for the last few weeks.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

QuoteAn afternoon news conference has been called in Frisco, a suburb of Dallas, to discuss a possible second case of Ebola.

According to a statement from the City of Frisco, the patient claims to have had contact with Thomas Eric Duncan, referred to as Dallas 'patient zero.'

It is not clear how the patient had contact with Duncan or if the patient was one of the about 50 people being monitored by federal, state and local health officials.

source: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/?lead=frisco-patient-exhibiting-ebola-symptoms

LongBlade

QuoteIf Ebola reaches South America, the U.S. border will be swamped by a huge wave of terrified migrants, says a top military commander.

"If it breaks out, it's literally, 'Katie bar the door,' and there will be mass migration into the United States," Marine Corps Gen. John F. Kelly, chief of U.S. Southern Command, said Tuesday at a speech in Washington, D.C.

"They will run away from Ebola, or if they suspect they are infected, they will try to get to the United States for treatment," he said at National Defense University.

source: http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/08/ebola-could-trigger-huge-migration-into-the-us-says-top-general/

LongBlade

This sucks. I hope he doesn't have it.

QuoteFirst responders have transported a Dallas County Sheriff's deputy to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital to be monitored for Ebola as a precaution.

The patient, Michael Monnig, was transported from a Frisco Care Now facility where he was complaining of "stomach issues," according to sources.

Monnig's children told CBS 11's Andrea Lucia that their dad woke up this morning feeling sore and a little nauseated.

source: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/?lead=frisco-patient-exhibiting-ebola-symptoms

Toonces

I can't decide if this is the beginning of the apocalypse, or if it's just sensationalism and fear-mongering. 

Sadly I don't know enough about infectious diseases to make an informed decision on this one.

And this is not a queue-up for Starfury, I assure you.   >:(
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GDS_Starfury

I think there are now 3 infectious diseases in Florida.
ebola, something thats killed a kid and something I cant remember.
I want to move back to Texas.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

LongBlade

Quote from: Toonces on October 08, 2014, 09:43:38 PM
I can't decide if this is the beginning of the apocalypse, or if it's just sensationalism and fear-mongering. 

Sadly I don't know enough about infectious diseases to make an informed decision on this one.

And this is not a queue-up for Starfury, I assure you.   >:(

It's a bit of both.

The problem is that most everyone in the govt & CDC is poo-pooing the danger, and yet it seems like little by little, more people are getting sick.

We're headed into cold and flu season. I already have a cold. Ebola's symptoms are initially the same as the flu. It's not supposed to be easy to get. But it isn't easy to detect until it's well underway, either.

You do the math.

Staggerwing

Maybe we should be calling Ebola "Captain Trips" and start stocking up on milkyway bars.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

I'm about ready to panic.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 09, 2014, 05:16:13 AM
Maybe we should be calling Ebola "Captain Trips"

Isn't it just?

Toonces

So if this is the apocalypse, do I need to buy a gun finally?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.