Shooting at Muhammad cartoon event in Texas

Started by Airborne Rifles, May 04, 2015, 01:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER

...we all know its not allowed to make a picture of Mu.ham.mad. but maybe its allowed to make a scent?
how would the scent be named? ...Sharia No.5  :2funny:

(well you really don't want to knwo how a camel-jockey of the 7th century actually smelt after spending a month on a local hill in the dessert eventually smarting up his pipe dreams ... i leave it up to your imagination ;D)

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Boggit

I'd just observe that the artists were:
1. Not muslims
2. Not making the images for the purposes of worship
3. Not making defamatory images - on the basis that the dead are incapable of being defamed

Consequently,
1. As non-muslims, they cannot be blasphemous, as they do not follow that faith
2. Do not undermine the hadith in respect of making an image of worship - at worst they might be accused of making an image for ridicule, but that is not the same as the prohibition on making an image for worship
3. If the images are not defamatory, what really is the basis of any anger, other than a supposed criticism of a religion? If members of a religion are incapable of dealing with criticism in a non-extreme way then society has a problem with it, for its own safety.

Conclusion. You need to decide what level of threat members of this religion pose society as a whole, and act proportionally to protect both the wider society - as well as members of the religion who are not a threat. When you consider this instant situation, it could have gone very differently, and with a very bloody outcome, as has happened elsewhere. IS are a very clever, successful, and brutal opponent. You have to have a well thought out response.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Atilla60

I'm a little late to the show, but having seen this clip on Youtube I just had to share it

I'm with Bill Whittle on this one.   
I don't know what nauseates me the most. Islamic terrorists or their apologists in western media and politics. 
It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
- Sir Winston Churchill -

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

pawelj

We should plaster cities with the posters of the winning picture.
"Britain and France had to choose between war and dishonour. They chose dishonour. They will have war." - Winston Churchill

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Gusington on May 11, 2015, 07:57:02 PM
^That...is a tough call.

It had better not be......but I get the sentiment.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Gusington

It really is though...how anyone could apologize for Islamofascists is beyond me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on May 12, 2015, 01:09:23 PM
...how anyone could apologize for Islamofascists is beyond me.

Agreed.

But that seems to be in style with some sizable portion of the western populace these days. 

I think it stems from decades of political correctness being pushed in our culture, to the detriment of people actually using their own thinker and simple reasoning.  Programmed to be overly sensitive to any perceived victimhood, thus making many easily susceptible to any such implication or spin. 

It's existed for quite awhile, as evidenced by the sizable numbers of westerners who are sympathetic to the so-caled "Palestinians" despite the hostility and ill will they've received from such Islamic groups.

jejo68

well its been known for a long time here that all the good people with all the right oppinions, somehow never seem to live near arab enklaves, or indeed have their kids going to schools in districts with majority of arab muslims.
In fact the same politicians WHO berates parents for taking their children out of schools with a majory of arab emigrants, for some reason seem to do it themselves. Only their children are speciel cases, where as we the ordinary people are just mean biggots.

Gusington

^For once, we agree. Today really is a truly great day.

I am patiently waiting for the PC pendulum to swing back to 'normal.' Hopefully it won't be too long a wait and we won't be slaughtered in our own countries for being too nice.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jejo68

Quote from: Gusington on May 12, 2015, 08:23:24 PM
^For once, we agree. Today really is a truly great day.

I am patiently waiting for the PC pendulum to swing back to 'normal.' Hopefully it won't be too long a wait and we won't be slaughtered in our own countries for being too nice.

hey its still early in the month, we can have many disagreements yet  O0

Anyways my first experience with these types of PC was way back in the 90' when I bitched about how you could get refugee status while still being able to go to vacation in your home country. And how on earth you could get a Danish citizenship without being able to speak Danish, know our history or our culture. Apparently that made me a rascist in their eyes.

Gusington

Day 2 of me agreeing with jejo. I feel different.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd