Explosions and Shootout in Paris

Started by Labbug, November 13, 2015, 04:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

He wanted to blow himself up in the football ground but changed his mind - AKA he bottled it - having convinced the rest how awesome it would be to get your virgins he couldn't do it - that needs exploiting and putting on all the jihadi websites they can find - we found your martyr warrior but he was too chicken shit to do it

Staggerwing

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 20, 2016, 04:16:02 AM
He wanted to blow himself up in the football ground but changed his mind - AKA he bottled it - having convinced the rest how awesome it would be to get your virgins he couldn't do it - that needs exploiting and putting on all the jihadi websites they can find - we found your martyr warrior but he was too chicken shit to do it

Unfortunately that would just make the other bombed-up assswipes more likely to go through with it, not less likely. They would not want to be ridiculed in the same way. Sadly, the only way to make suicide bombers have second thoughts is to give them something positive- 'Don't flip the switch and we will be really nice if we catch you later'. I don't think the public is quite ready for that.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

72 real virgins and a new life in a western country heading up the anti-jihadi cowards r us unit?

youre probably right were not ready for that  :-\

Boggit

I take a lot of what "the Donald" has to say with a pinch of salt, but despite the fact that his suggestion is both immoral and illegal, going after the terrorist's family (who may be completely innocent) probably would make would be terrorists think twice about blowing themselves up as a matter of fact, given the importance of family in middle eastern culture.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

LongBlade

Quote from: Boggit on March 20, 2016, 02:46:21 PM
I take a lot of what "the Donald" has to say with a pinch of salt, but despite the fact that his suggestion is both immoral and illegal, going after the terrorist's family (who may be completely innocent) probably would make would be terrorists think twice about blowing themselves up as a matter of fact, given the importance of family in middle eastern culture.

There is a story floating around about some bad guys who kidnapped some Soviets back in the 1980s. Supposedly the KGB took some of their families hostage. Nasty things happened.

Long story short: nobody took any Soviet hostages after that.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

undercovergeek

You mean attempt to win the war on terror instead of emerging from every slaughter covered in blood and shaking our fist at the terrorists and saying 'you'll never defeat us' and inviting another round of unanswered attacks

mirth

Quote from: LongBlade on March 20, 2016, 10:38:27 PM

There is a story floating around about some bad guys who kidnapped some Soviets back in the 1980s. Supposedly the KGB took some of their families hostage. Nasty things happened.

I've been hearing that story for 30 years. There must be some truth to it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Now somewhere in Beirut there's 3 sheep, a goat, and a camel that are broken-hearted.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Boggit

Quote from: LongBlade on March 20, 2016, 10:38:27 PM

Well, if it works... ::)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 21, 2016, 03:59:57 AM

You mean attempt to win the war on terror instead of emerging from every slaughter covered in blood and shaking our fist at the terrorists and saying 'you'll never defeat us' and inviting another round of unanswered attacks
Er... yes... Why not try something new...? ::)

jejo68

Quote from: Boggit on March 25, 2016, 04:07:42 PM

What ??
You mean the politicians should actually make a decision to do something instead of holding hands hoping for the best ?
Dont be silly

Boggit

Quote from: jejo68 on March 26, 2016, 07:20:16 AM
Quote from: Boggit on March 25, 2016, 04:07:42 PM

What ??
You mean the politicians should actually make a decision to do something instead of holding hands hoping for the best ?
Dont be silly
Lol! :2funny:

All the same, better to do something decisive than a "Je suis" handwringing... :idiot2:

undercovergeek

exactly - theres nothing like a nations flag over your FB profile picture to really shake those terrorists

Boggit

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 27, 2016, 07:51:17 AM
exactly - theres nothing like a nations flag over your FB profile picture to really shake those terrorists
:2funny: