Explosions and Shootout in Paris

Started by Labbug, November 13, 2015, 04:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Capn Darwin on November 13, 2015, 09:39:11 PM
At what point do we load up B-52s with 500lb bombs and start carpet bombing every square inch of ISIS territory to take these SOBs out?  :tickedoff:

Claims of civilian casualties are mounting, even with NATO fighter-bombers making precision strikes with smart munitions.

LBJ tried to win a counter-insurgency with heavy bomber attacks; we know how that turned out.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on November 13, 2015, 05:56:08 PM
>:( :(

Prayers for the victims and good hunting to the French police and military.

Vive le France

Amen to that.
Bonne chance to the responders.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

LongBlade

Agreed. Prayers for the victims and the families.

The big question in my mind is how many of the terrorists arrived in the recent refugee crisis. This is exactly the type of incident we feared might happen if we let in too many unvetted refugees.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

AchillesLastStand

I wonder who is responsible for this? Has to be those darned Amish again.
Prayers go out to all the victims as well as family/friends etc.

bayonetbrant

ISIS is claiming responsibility this morning, per CNN.

Looks like they're saying 85 dead at the concert hall.

Is Article 5 about to get re-invoked?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Airborne Rifles

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

disney shut down - never thought id see that

driving to work this morning i was thinking, if ISIS, AQ and everyones elses goal is to push the west into a war - surely this is a flawed goal - once the line in the sand is crossed the west is going to come at you with such a magnitude of retribution and anger youll wish to fuck you stayed in your cave with your goats

Centurion40

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on November 14, 2015, 06:57:26 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 14, 2015, 06:15:48 AM

That's what I was wondering.

It is being reported that a Syrian passport has been found on at least one attacker.
Any time is a good time for pie.

steve58

Quote from: LongBlade on November 14, 2015, 12:09:27 AM
Agreed. Prayers for the victims and the families.

+100   :(

Quote from: LongBlade on November 14, 2015, 12:09:27 AM
The big question in my mind is how many of the terrorists arrived in the recent refugee crisis. This is exactly the type of incident we feared might happen if we let in too many unvetted refugees.

Well at least one tried and was captured and maybe thousands if you believe ISIS...which after last night does not seem so far fetched.   I believe Merkel and Co has the blood of the victims from last night (and future attacks) on her/their hands  >:(
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Centurion40

Quote from: Centurion40 on November 14, 2015, 08:22:05 AM
Quote from: Airborne Rifles on November 14, 2015, 06:57:26 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 14, 2015, 06:15:48 AM

That's what I was wondering.

It is being reported that a Syrian passport has been found on at least one attacker.

Apparently another one was a French citizen known to police.
Any time is a good time for pie.

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 14, 2015, 08:01:58 AM
disney shut down - never thought id see that

First mandatory curfew imposed on Paris since 1944.  :o

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 14, 2015, 08:01:58 AMdriving to work this morning i was thinking, if ISIS, AQ and everyones elses goal is to push the west into a war - surely this is a flawed goal - once the line in the sand is crossed the west is going to come at you with such a magnitude of retribution and anger youll wish to fuck you stayed in your cave with your goats

But they don't see it as a flawed goal. They're expecting God + (what they think of as) their inherent will to victory to lead them to a miraculous prophetic victory, as a witness to the world that everyone should become Muslim, and specifically Muslim like they are under their Caliphate.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Staggerwing

IS-hole may also be trying to force Europe to stop accepting refugees as a reaction to the terror. While they want an eventual world-wide Caliphate they are probably more focused on preserving and building up the one they think they have now, straddling the Syrian/Iraqi border. The unprecedented flow of people out of the region represents a real brains and practical skill set drain which cannot bode well for the long term survival of any quasi-state, religious or otherwise. If all the doctors, accountants, bakers, carpenters, nurses, mechanics, veterinarians, middle managers, and teachers flee then all IS-hole has left are just the local peasantry who cannot be expected to do all the things needed to keep a society from collapsing into disease and famine without outside help, help that would only follow after the remaining starving and sickly Jihadis were rounded up by the combat boots that the Western Powers sent in first.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

Quote from: Capn Darwin on November 13, 2015, 09:39:11 PM
At what point do we load up B-52s with 500lb bombs and start carpet bombing every square inch of ISIS territory to take these SOBs out?  :tickedoff:

Once there are enough boots on the ground to ensure that none of the rats escape the sinking ship. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.