Hero of truth and accountablity Assange has lost appeal

Started by 0kult13, May 30, 2012, 03:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0kult13

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18260914

"Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has lost his Supreme Court fight against extradition to Sweden to face accusations of sex offences."

The powers of evil have won a small victory in their attempt at closing down wikileaks. I guess this is why there is the "insurance file".

You can always donate

http://wikileaks.org/

bayonetbrant

there are so many things wrong with Assange's behavior that it's hard to encapsulate within the confines of a forum.

He released classified information to the public and claimed he was doing something noble.  It was classified for a reason, and we'll never know how many people ended up dead because of sources and methods that were revealed in material he claimed was going to be vetted and never was.

And worse, your "hero" of "truth" and "accountability" edited footage of a helicopter shootout to remove significant parts of the conversation between the pilots and command post that clearly show that the targets of that shooting were in an area where a firefight had just occurred, were moving in a pattern that indicated they were part of the insurgent support, and were accompanied by journalists who made no effort to identify themselves as such.  His idea of "truth" was selectively editing together a video to support his own narrative of the conflict, and has never been held accountable for it.

It's odd that he somehow wants all these military folks held 'accountable' for things they might have done - he doesn't know b/c he's never been through the reports he released - but he's dodging the same accountability to the law by playing games about extradition.

And if you think all that stuff that Wikileaks pushed to the world is the "real" story of the war, you need to read this:
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/07/my-war-wikileaked-why-the-public-and-the-military-cant-count-on-those-battle-logs/

For more on the video, see these:
http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=18461
http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=18385

and then Stephen-freakin'-Colbert is finally the one that asks Assange the questions no one else would
http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=18576

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Jarhead0331

I recall having this debate with 0kult in the past.  There is no point arguing with someone who refers to Assange as the "hero of truth and accountability."  Absurd.

The Colbert interview was good, but he had Assange totally on the ropes and by the balls.  It's too bad he let him squirm away by injecting humor into an otherwise deadly serious discussion.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

0kult13

Did you catch any of his shows on RT, they were quite good. will checkout those links later.

0kult13

"but he's dodging the same accountability to the law by playing games about extradition." Not sure but i recall somthing about if he goes to Sweden there is a route for him to get extridited to the US over charges on some of his leaks. Mrs clinton wont be inviting him for tea anyways.

bayonetbrant

Bottom line is Assange played fast and loose with the truth and is now trying to dodge accountability.

Doesn't sound very heroic to me.

Seems like a very short "debate"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Of course, another way of reading the title of the thread is

"Hero of truth and accountablity Assange has lost appeal" means "Hero of truth and accountability Assange is no longer appealing to those who value truth and accountability"

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 30, 2012, 09:43:40 AM

"Hero of truth and accountablity Assange has lost appeal" means "Hero of truth and accountability Assange is no longer appealing to those who value truth and accountability"

The latter is how I read the title.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

0kult13

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 30, 2012, 09:43:40 AM

lol well countered. I cant but help read it like that now either  :)

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 30, 2012, 06:41:40 AM
I recall having this debate with 0kult in the past.  There is no point arguing with someone who refers to Assange as the "hero of truth and accountability."  Absurd.

The Colbert interview was good, but he had Assange totally on the ropes and by the balls.  It's too bad he let him squirm away by injecting humor into an otherwise deadly serious discussion.

"That's not leaking... that's a pure editorial."

"Collateral Murder is to make political impact."

"That way you properly manipulated the audience into the emotional state you wanted before the real thing goes on the air."

Those are some amazing quotes by Colbert! In my opinion, the comedians have the cache to ask the best questions, as the jesters in the Middle Ages.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert