Russian Pressure on the Baltics

Started by airboy, October 09, 2016, 10:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

BTW the Russians and Germans carved up Poland in '39...and for months the West was quiet...the phoney war. US didn't enter the war until directly attacked by Japan in 41. Come on now, John Belushi...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Yeah. I know. But tell the Ukranians about ethnic issues. Uncle Joe and the commies did a pretty good number on the Ukrainians in the 20s-30s. And where should we be drawing the line?  The Baltics? Poland? Do we say too bad to actual NATO member states? You're in the Russian sphere of influence..do syvdania.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

I'm not sure exactly where the line is but Ukraine isn't it. I understand the idea of just not accepting their shenanigans from the get-go but I am questioning how valid we are. There's already hot wars going on that could lead to serious run-in with Russia (Syria), do we really need it in Ukraine too?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Actual NATO member states is key here too, I think. Defend NATO members, of course, or NATO sinks altogether.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

I think we could do more to help Ukraine, short of 'getting into it'.

And we have no business dicking around in Syria. Let the CIA handle it. It's a proxy fight and a no-win scenario.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

But...BUT...the humanity will in Syria!! I do agree Syria is a giant shit sandwich. Ukraine is a much smaller one. Also - I think there are hawt women in both.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

I fully support the defense of hawt women.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

Pfft really.

Anyway hawt Mediterranean women vs. hawt a Eastern European women...discuss.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on October 18, 2016, 09:15:14 PM
Pfft really.

Anyway hawt Mediterranean women vs. hawt a Eastern European women...discuss.

There's just that certain something about a woman with a Slavic accent and black ops training...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Every woman I've ever been involved with has had Black Ops training. Or at least, Dark Arts training.

Sir Slash

I believe the Ukraine doesn't want the US to fight the Russians for them. I think they want to be able to fight for themselves if need be and for us to help them with at least decent arms. Afghanistan wasn't our sphere either and we helped them plenty when Dutch Reagan was Prez. and didn't get into a shooting war with Russia then. And all hawt women should have Black Ops. training. Especially if they're involved with Mirth.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 18, 2016, 10:21:33 PM
And all hawt women should have Black Ops. training. Especially if they're involved with Mirth.

QFT