The Use of Drones: Brave or Cowardly?

Started by Gusington, July 12, 2012, 07:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyebiter

Drones are a useful weapon system that allows our troops to put eyes and ordinance on target with minimal risk to life and limb. 

This debate about the honor of using a certain weapon has occurred many times. When the musket replaced the saber and lance.  Motorized vehicles and tanks supplemented and later replaced the horse.  When World War one aircraft were able to rain death from the skies with impunity.. Or a ballistic missile that allowed two men to vaporize a city on the other side of the planet with the turn of a key.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on July 12, 2012, 11:41:14 PM
Drones work at low cost to our side. If they don't like that they can go there to wander the streets for ieds. Where is Darwin when you need him?
Well said, Kev.  You took the words right out of my mouth! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Senex

Drones can be considered just very long range artillery with a highly evolved aiming system.

I would award medals to drone pilots on whatever basis they use for those serving in the artillery, when applicable.