Next War...whats next

Started by bboyer66, May 10, 2018, 08:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bboyer66

Anyone hear what might be the next game in the Next War series?

I'm hoping Israel vs Iran/Russia/Lebanon/Syria, maybe even get Egypt, Turkey, Jordan involved. 

BanzaiCat

China vs. the USSR Russia would be a good one.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bboyer66 on May 10, 2018, 08:54:29 AM
I'm hoping Israel vs Iran/Russia/Lebanon/Syria, maybe even get Egypt, Turkey, Jordan involved. 

I've heard from some fairly reliable inside folks that GMT wants no part of a modern/current-events Israel game and the notoriety that would come w/ it in any mainstream press

Maybe there's some exaggeration there, but I can't think of any GMT MidEast game that wasn't a conflict at least 40 years past.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Toadkillerdog

Notoriety or concern about the press has no bearing on it.

That particular situation is too fluid with no rules in the system currently sufficiently developed to cover non-state actors.

That *may* change with Supplement #2 which will contain rules handling insurgents, insurgency, and COIN.

The next full game is in very preliminary stages, i.e., map and OOB research to ascertain viability. It's likely a go, but we want to be sure before pulling the trigger.

Crossroads

Picked up my order for Next War: Supplement #3 today. New maps, countersheets for Next War: Poland.

Looks really neat, thanks for updating this great game GMT  :Party:

In other news, can't believe this is the latest Next War post I found...  :huh:

This means the AAR I did with @Tinkershuffle (see my siggie) just the other day turns four years old soon as well  :HideEyes:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY