Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

The Uighurs must be wondering where their songs are?  :-X
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

All of the above said, the Ukrainian singer has one hell of a good voice.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

https://twitter.com/francska1/status/1512340125002440705

Russian state TV has taken a video from the set of a Russian series filmed near St Petersburg on 20 March and told viewers that it shows Ukrainians preparing fake corpses for the scene of a "staged" attack by Russian forces on Ukrainian civilians.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on April 07, 2022, 08:28:45 PM
BTW did Bolivia forget what hemisphere they're in? WTF?

Cuban connections I'm guessing. (Not surprisingly, Cuba also voted no.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I'm trying to remember the last time I read a reference to Bolivia anywhere...other than here.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on April 08, 2022, 01:41:23 PM
I'm trying to remember the last time I read a reference to Bolivia anywhere...other than here.

High school history talking about Simon Bolivar?
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

The 'George Washington of South America'? Probably.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Didn't he throw a Peso across the Amazon River?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: Pete Dero on April 08, 2022, 10:01:21 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 08, 2022, 09:43:12 AM
Where the hell is the media and Pink Floyd on that crisis?

In their defense, there is a link with Ukraine : guitarist David Gilmour has a Ukrainian daughter-in-law and Ukrainian grandchildren.

The fact that Khlyvniuk was a member of a successful US-based band who returned to Ukraine to defend his country, but is seen wearing a Yankees hat in Kiev, makes it even more poignant for a North American audience, I think.

Gilmour also knew Khlyvniuk from his performance (Gilmour had performed with Boombox at a London concert in 2015) and contacted him for permission to feature the video in his own release.  For those of you who haven't seen the original video that Khlyvniuk posted (which PF used in their video) on Instagram, it's quite moving:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYpOrwksgbA

Gusington

Ukraine's 'iron general' - credited with leading Ukrainian armed forces against the current Russian onslaught and surviving:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/08/ukraines-iron-general-zaluzhnyy-00023901

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Russian troops actually made Chernobyl facilities MORE radioactive than they were before the invasion:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/08/europe/chernobyl-russian-withdrawal-intl-cmd/index.html

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

^its shit like this that pisses me off.

There's been a war in Yemen since 2015. The UN estimates that 233,000 civilians have been killed. Over 4,000,000 have been displaced. Over 5,000,000 are in immediate threat of starving. Over 20,000,000 are in need of some form of urgent humanitarian assistance.

I totally agree and hate it has to be like this, I mean we looked the other way when putin was leveling aleppo and assad was nerve gasing his people.  But Ukraine is prime time, and out rages the western world when it happens in their back yard. 

GDS_Starfury

^its shit like this that pisses me off.

There's been a war in Yemen since 2015. The UN estimates that 233,000 civilians have been killed. Over 4,000,000 have been displaced. Over 5,000,000 are in immediate threat of starving. Over 20,000,000 are in need of some form of urgent humanitarian assistance.

I could state the obvious but
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.