Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Continuing the great tradition of top notch OPSEC that the Russian military has established in this war, Kadyrov on his daily Telegram video shows operational maps he says he has just received from his commanders  :2funny:.

https://twitter.com/DAlperovitch/status/1513423794773413891?cxt=HHwWhsC-oYi74YAqAAAA

ArizonaTank

Quote from: acctingman on April 12, 2022, 09:48:52 AM
and now there are reports of Russian soldiers raping old Ukrainian women?

Reports of massive numbers of rapes go back at least a few weeks. But these news reports were overshadowed by mass killings.

These reports began to emerge as the Russians retreated in the north.

For example, this April 4th article.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/03/all-wars-are-like-this-used-as-a-weapon-of-war-in-ukraine
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GDS_Starfury

before this shitshow kicked off I was reading a book about the fall of Berlin and the operations that led up to it.
rape and murder are the way of the russian military and Im really at the point where I just want NATO to get into the fight and finish these fucking
filthy shitbags once and for all.
nukes be damned.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 12, 2022, 11:14:44 AM
before this shitshow kicked off I was reading a book about the fall of Berlin and the operations that led up to it.
rape and murder are the way of the russian military and Im really at the point where I just want NATO to get into the fight and finish these fucking
filthy shitbags once and for all.
nukes be damned.

Maybe the book you are referring to, but there are some gut-wrenching tales of Soviet soldiers raping civilians in Cornelius Ryan's "The Last Battle" about the final days of the Berlin campaign. According to that book, the Russians were ordered to commit rapes in Germany.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00362XL3W/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i2
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Windigo

I really really think Putin is going to regret pissing off the Ukraine people and pushing them to "obsessive, undying levels of hatred" towards Russia and their war-crime actions.

To hell with religious terrorists getting and using a suitcase bomb, I think now the most likely scenario for this will be a Ukrainian lighting up the Kremlin with one.

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Windigo on April 12, 2022, 01:02:22 PM
I really really think Putin is going to regret pissing off the Ukraine people and pushing them to "obsessive, undying levels of hatred" towards Russia and their war-crime actions.

To hell with religious terrorists getting and using a suitcase bomb, I think now the most likely scenario for this will be a Ukrainian lighting up the Kremlin with one.

Your point reminds me of the retired Russian general who published an impassioned plea on Feb 11th, to not go to war and for Putin to resign.

General Ivashov said:  Launching an attack on Ukraine "will call into question the existence of Russia itself as a state" and will make "Russians and Ukrainians mortal enemies".

Ivashov also predicted that NATO would directly intervene. Given the level of frustration with Putin, I am thinking NATO intervention may still come to pass.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/07/ex-russia-general-warns-putin-against-criminal-ukraine-invasion/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

MengJiao

The weirdness is ever-growing.  I'm not very sure what things like this news article mean:

Putin ally Viktor Medvedchuk detained in "special operation," Zelensky says
From CNN's Nathan Hodge, Olga Voitovych and Kostan Nechyporenko

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky announced Tuesday on Telegram that Viktor Medvedchuk, a pro-Russian Ukrainian politician and oligarch, had been detained in a "special operation."

Zelensky posted a photo of a handcuffed and disheveled-looking Medvedchuk wearing fatigues, with the caption, "A special operation was carried out thanks to the SBU [the Security Service of Ukraine]. Well done! Details later."
Prior to Russia's invasion of Ukraine, Medvedchuk had faced allegations of treason in Ukraine and had been under house arrest. His whereabouts had been unknown in the weeks following the invasion. Some observers speculated that Medvedchuk or one of his allies might be the Kremlin's preference to lead a puppet government in Ukraine if the Feb. 24 invasion succeeded in toppling Zelensky.

Medvedchuk was sanctioned by the US in 2014 "for threatening the peace, security, stability, sovereignty, or territorial integrity of Ukraine, and for undermining Ukraine's democratic institutions and processes."

But the wealthy businessman also served as a go-between for Moscow and Kyiv after the outbreak of the Donbas conflict in 2014 by leveraging his personal ties with Putin. In a 2019 interview with filmmaker Oliver Stone, Putin acknowledged that he was godfather to Medvedchuk's daughter.

"I would not say that we are very close but we know each other well," Putin said. "He was [former Ukrainian] President [Leonid] Kuchma's chief of staff, and it was in this capacity at the time that he asked me to take part in the christening of his daughter. According to Russian Orthodox tradition, you can't refuse such a request."

Medvedchuk also had notoriety in Ukraine for his role as the Soviet state-appointed defense attorney for the Ukrainian dissident poet Vasyl Stus, who died in a Soviet labor camp in 1985.

In a statement, SBU head Ivan Bakanov said, "You may be a pro-Russian politician and work for the aggressor state for years. You may hide from justice lately. You may even wear a Ukrainian military uniform for camouflage... But will it help you to escape punishment? Not at all! Shackles are waiting for you. And for the same traitors of Ukraine as you!"

Bakanov added, "Pro-Russian traitors and agents of the Russian intelligence services, remember — your crimes have no statute of limitations. And there are no hiding places where we wouldn't find you!"

CNN was not immediately able to reach a legal representative for Medvedchuk.

MengJiao

Quote from: ArizonaTank on April 12, 2022, 04:33:26 PM

Your point reminds me of the retired Russian general who published an impassioned plea on Feb 11th, to not go to war and for Putin to resign.

General Ivashov said:  Launching an attack on Ukraine "will call into question the existence of Russia itself as a state" and will make "Russians and Ukrainians mortal enemies".

Ivashov also predicted that NATO would directly intervene. Given the level of frustration with Putin, I am thinking NATO intervention may still come to pass.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/07/ex-russia-general-warns-putin-against-criminal-ukraine-invasion/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

At the rate things are going, NATO won't even have to intervene -- they can just wait for the Russians to attack Finland and supply Finland with arms.  I have to say none of this war has
gone even remotely as I expected and basically "I'm so confused!"

solops

I do not think there is any way NATO will militarily involve itself unless Russia commits even more egregious barbarous acts or direct attacks on NATO itself. Western populations are too spoiled and coddled to countenance war without far more provocation.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

ArizonaTank

Quote from: solops on April 12, 2022, 05:18:26 PM

... unless Russia commits even more egregious barbarous acts ....

That.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

MengJiao

Quote from: ArizonaTank on April 12, 2022, 06:45:04 PM

... unless Russia commits even more egregious barbarous acts ....

That.

But with a high probability that Finland and Sweden will join NATO soon, maybe NATO can just wait for the Russians to attack Finland, Norway and Sweden and take some pressure off of whoever
the Russians might be interested in attacking.

Finnish government publishes security report with assessment of possible NATO membership amid Ukraine invasion
From CNN's James Frater in Brussels

The Finnish government presented a report Wednesday to the country's parliament on the fundamental security changes that have occurred following Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

The wide-ranging report included an assessment on whether Finland should purse closer cooperation with NATO and considered the effects of a possible NATO membership.

If Finland and Sweden become full NATO members, the report said "the threshold for using military force in the Baltic Sea region would rise," enhancing "the stability of the region in the long term."

Membership would include signing up to NATO's founding principle of collective defense — commonly referred to as Article 5 — which means that an attack against one NATO ally is considered as an attack against all allies.

For Finland, the report outlined that "the most significant effect of its possible NATO membership would be that Finland would be part of NATO's collective defence, and be covered by the security guarantees enshrined in Article 5."

The deterrent effect of being a NATO member would be "considerably stronger than it is at present, as it would be based on the capabilities of the entire Alliance," the report said, and "Finland would be prepared to support other NATO member countries in a possible Article 5 situation."

The report outlined that possible membership in NATO "would significantly expand the area of the Alliance, double its land border with Russia, and move the Alliance closer to strategically important areas in Russia," such as the Kola Peninsula and St. Petersburg.

Finland "would aim to continue to maintain functioning relations with Russia in the event it becomes a NATO member," it added.

The report cautioned that given Russia's "negative view towards NATO enlargement," if Finland applied for NATO membership, it should be prepared for "risks that are difficult to anticipate, such as increasing tensions on the border between Finland and Russia."
And the country would have to "strengthen its preparedness for becoming a target of wide-ranging hybrid influence activities," it said.

The report added that "close cooperation between Finland and Sweden during possible accession processes would be important," saying that a "simultaneous accession processes" from the two countries could also "facilitate preparation for and response to Russia's possible reaction."

As part of accession talks to the alliance, the Finnish government said it would raise NATO's military presence in the country, saying that "membership would not oblige Finland to accept nuclear weapons, permanent bases or troops in its territory."

This, the report said, is similar to the agreement that Norway and Denmark have, which does not permit "permanent troops, bases or nuclear weapons of the Alliance in their territory during peacetime."

Finland's "contribution to the collective defence of the Alliance" would be negotiated during the accession process.

Tripoli

Zerohedge is reporting that Sweden has already decided to apply for membership, aiming at making the application in late June.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/sweden-apply-nato-membership-prime-minister-announces
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Windigo

I do not think there is any way NATO will militarily involve itself unless Russia commits even more egregious barbarous acts or direct attacks on NATO itself. Western populations are too spoiled and coddled to countenance war without far more provocation.

Never underestimate Russia's/Putin's Machiavellian nature. They will push the level too far as Ukraine resistance foils them. Anyone who know Ukrainian people, knows that Putin and his planners made a big oops.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

ArizonaTank

"Orcs":  Saw a quote from a Ukrainian sniper referring to Russian troops as "orcs". I saw an earlier video where another Ukrainian soldier called Russian soldiers "orcs". Wonder if it is common.

Here is a quote from "Charcoal" a female Ukrainian sniper who got her fame over the years fighting the pro-Russian militia's in the Donetsk region. She quit the Army but has recently rejoined. She said this about the Russian troops: "These are not people. The Nazis were not as vile as these orcs."

https://nypost.com/2022/04/05/ukrainian-sniper-charcoal-lauded-as-modern-day-lady-death/

BTW, the article references Lyudmila Pavlichenko, the famed WWII Russian sniper. If you haven't heard of Pavlichenko...let Woody Guthrie introduce her (song was from when the Russians were on our side):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHKjOl9ocR0&list=RDSHKjOl9ocR0&start_radio=1
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"