Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 23, 2022, 11:52:30 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on October 23, 2022, 03:35:09 AM
You can rent Megaforce on Prime Video ($2.99).  And Amazon has some DVD's in stock.

Megaforce might be like having a gold brick full of awesome punching you in the face....but it's not worth $3.

:clap: :DD
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Can the Russians' trucks not even stop now? Why would they keep going towing a gun with a broken axle??

'WTF RUSSIA'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Reminds me of a 5 ton semi I got stuck with once with a flat spot in the front tire; had to get it over 50 to get a "smooth," ride.  Otherwise, you were just jarring the fillings out of your mouth it shook so violently.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on October 23, 2022, 01:17:20 PM
Can the Russians' trucks not even stop now? Why would they keep going towing a gun with a broken axle??

'WTF RUSSIA'

I saw some footage earlier today or last night, shot from a Ukrainian tank commander's helm-cam, where a Russian truck towing an anti-air gun, followed by what looked like an open-topped mechanized troop carrier (like the British used to have in WW2), charged up next to the tank which was advancing up a road shooting at targets (possibly including them), and rolled to a halt. The footage ended there, but my impression was that they were fleeing drone-spotted arty strikes and felt safer near the Uk tanks! -- maybe wanted to surrender.

That footage of the wobbly WW2 gun, by the way, reminds me of another report I saw or heard of the Russians pulling WW2 kit out of mothballs, to send up for reserve, although I didn't pay enough attention to what was being unballed. ;)

Most Russian troops are fleeing Kherson however, so maybe their godawful kit can meet them at the minimum safe distance, whatever that may be now.   :coolsmiley:

The US 101st Airborne has arrived on a Romanian border, standing by for deployment apparently. One theory is that they'll be dropped into or near Kherson to help protect the area if the Orcs blow the dam, with limitations along the line of 'They won't be on offense, and they won't help defense anywhere else, but they'll eliminate every target which shoots at them.' Thus securing the area for NATO/EU humanitarian aid deployment.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

^Do you have a link on the 101st?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

I saw a thing about them cross training with the Romanian Army.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

^Thanks D. That is amazing. And great.

I like to think that Putin, in his quietest moment just before falling asleep, shits himself a little bit knowing that an elite American force is so close to his warzone.

Maybe wishful thinking.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

I suspect it is wishful thinking.  It's a little unclear what Putin is thinking these days, or whether his health is so irregular that the Russian central command is reeling from mishap to mishap like a drunken bear.

While there is always the possibility that the 101st would deploy forward in the event of a humanitarian disaster, it seems unlikely.  Half of Ukraine has been a humanitarian disaster for the better part of 8 months now, and NATO forces haven't crossed into Ukrainian territory in any significant numbers yet.  Deploying right next to a combat zone seems aggressive at best and foolhardy at worst.

Nothing in the US force posture of the last eight months suggests that they would do that.  Unless the US wants to move their tripwire right next to some of the heaviest fighting going on in the world right now, it'd make more sense for them to occupy parts of Eastern Ukraine "providing humanitarian assistance" so that Ukrainian manpower could deploy eastward to that region. 

bobarossa

Yeah, Poland should temporarily annex the part of Ukraine bordering Belarus and declare it protected by NATO.  I imagine Putin wouldn't take that very well.

Uberhaus

Gee, I wonder what country is next to Romania that hasn't been invaded by Russia, but Russia would like to invade but can't possibly even with its "peacekeepers" present, and had been made a frozen conflict well before Ukraine had been made in 2014.  And has also complained about overflights of Russian missiles.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: bobarossa on October 23, 2022, 08:27:23 PM
Yeah, Poland should temporarily annex the part of Ukraine bordering Belarus and declare it protected by NATO.  I imagine Putin wouldn't take that very well.

Well, Ukraine was, at one point part of the Polish Kingdom during its golden age.  Ukraine literally means "Borderland" referring to the territory between Poland and Russia hence it's old reference as "The Ukraine" rather than Ukraine. 

Poland could just assert it's claims from the 14th century.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

nelmsm

Are the 101st airborne anymore?  I thought they were airmobile now and that the 82nd was the only actual airborne division in the army?

Crossroads

Oh, one of their Combat Brigade Teams. Still a lot of men of course. How media writes their click baits certainly got my attention this time, they made it sound like the full division would have deployed. That would have been something.

Quote from: Uberhaus on October 23, 2022, 09:28:22 PM
Gee, I wonder what country is next to Romania that hasn't been invaded by Russia, but Russia would like to invade but can't possibly even with its "peacekeepers" present, and had been made a frozen conflict well before Ukraine had been made in 2014.  And has also complained about overflights of Russian missiles.

Indeed.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

JasonPratt

I thought any airborne division was primarily airmobile, with a brigade of actual drop troops to take and hold landing zones.

Anyway. Ukraine's thunder-assault strategy (fast HUMVEE raids) could use some of these perhaps!  :D

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/glickenhaus-008-fast-response-military-vehicle-is-ready-to-do-battle-against-the-covenant/ar-AA13ixy4?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=92318c4648474ecf8f419fcde97f4ac1

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!