Main Menu

NYC PSA

Started by W8taminute, July 19, 2022, 03:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

I did Duck & Cover in grade school. Afterward, the teacher made me get out from under my desk and back in my seat.  >:(  We were taught Chalk Dust countered radiation exposure. But that was just the teacher trying to get her erasers cleaned for free.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yeah but be fair, your duck and cover drills were meant to protect you from the Kaiser's Zeppelin raids.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 20, 2022, 09:57:16 AM
Yup, but at least the old timey satsumatas were kind of badass and had pointy bits.  Ours had rubber end caps to avoid scuffing the walls.

That is not a Japanese Sasumata, though. That is a European man catcher. It was intended to be used on people wearing armor, so it was presumed that the spikes would not cause injury... \m/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Silent Disapproval Robot

I assume the spikey bits on the haft were for entangling clothes...or really unpleasant proctology exams.

Jarhead0331

I suppose the medieval world may have viewed "injury" or the absence of one, under a different standard than we of modernity. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JasonPratt

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 20, 2022, 10:04:24 AM
Yeah but be fair, your duck and cover drills were meant to protect you from the Kaiser's Zeppelin raids.

That is definitely a Windy joke!

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 20, 2022, 10:21:27 AM
I assume the spikey bits on the haft were for entangling clothes...or really unpleasant proctology exams.

I'm not sure what the thing on the right was used for -- the right weapon has a sword-breaker quillions (like a sai, or the "aasagai"/death-stick I designed for my novels) but the spiky bits on the hafts were to keep people on the business end from grabbing the shaft. I figure the sword-catcher quillions are meant to catch swords flailing at the user.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

during the late 70s and early 80s the majority of schools in south Floriduh were built to a design standard that allowed them all to be considered nuclear/disaster shelters.  2 story square concrete boxes in which we did run duck and cover drills.
as for the rest of the thread....

Im scared to think of the sex toys in JHs night table.  :hide:

and if Im scared the rest of you should be terrified!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

the weapon on the right is called a Sodegarami...the small hooks were thrust into the kimono and then twisted in order to snag and entangle the clothing.  Yes, the barbs on the sides of the pole were intended to prevent the target from grappling the pole.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

GDS_Starfury

how did you meet your wife?

I was walking to work with my antique European man catcher....

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

for a psa local tv can just run Threads or The Day After once a year each.

Sir Slash

Our local courthouse had a basement, the only building in town that had one because anything in Fla. below 3 ft. would be under water. It was our town designated, 'Bomb Shelter'. How to God anyone thought you get an entire town's population into one city basement is beyond me and most people thought of it as a town joke. An even bigger joke was why would the Russkies waste a nuke on us?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 21, 2022, 09:13:40 AM
Our local courthouse had a basement, the only building in town that had one because anything in Fla. below 3 ft. would be under water. It was our town designated, 'Bomb Shelter'. How to God anyone thought you get an entire town's population into one city basement is beyond me and most people thought of it as a town joke. An even bigger joke was why would the Russkies waste a nuke on us?

Don't fool yourself - only the "important" people in town have a pass into that basement.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

GDS_Starfury

not to be a downer about the psa but.....
the last time I read into targeting options, NYC would be getting hit with at least 20 to 25 warheads in a grid pattern.
theres no getting inside.  the one mushroom cloud per city is media bs.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 21, 2022, 09:25:53 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on July 21, 2022, 09:13:40 AM

Don't fool yourself - only the "important" people in town have a pass into that basement.

That's why you bring your Japanese pole arm.