Frankenstorm for Halloween??!!

Started by Centurion40, October 26, 2012, 09:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Ah, mini's by candle light - reminds me of a small-boobed lass I used to go out with,
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

TheCommandTent

Quote from: bob48 on October 27, 2012, 08:55:32 AM
Ah, mini's by candle light - reminds me of a small-boobed lass I used to go out with,

It took until page three of this thread but there it is.  I am a bit surprised it took you fellas this long to begin the derailment :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

besilarius

C'mon, Tent.  Our attention deficit is getting better.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

bob48

You can't just rush into these things, Tent. Sometimes a little finesse is called for.

'Clip those corners'

Staggerwing

Boobs...  :)

...Uh, what was that about weather?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

There - the magic word - thought that would wake you up ;D

'Clip those corners'

Gusington

That National Guard clip is unreal. Once my paperwork (finally) goes through I hope that's not in the cards for me. Star - even a weaker hurricane like Irene or an early season snowstorm around here wreaks havoc. I wasn't kidding when I said that my property looked like Verdun 1916 last Halloween. It was seriously f'd up. 

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: bob48 on October 27, 2012, 08:55:32 AM

For some reason that brings up a visual from the movie Excalibur. Bob, I didn't know you had plate mail in ye.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bob48

I'm full of surprises me. well, I'm full of something, anyway  :)

'Clip those corners'

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 26, 2012, 11:42:05 PM
Ive had post pub crawl pisses bigger then that storm.

yeah and when you get that rare piss of snow you guys drive like you are all epileptic and break out the down filled parkas and waddle around the beaches like penguins
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Good luck to everyone through the storm. Especially those like JH out helping others.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Steelgrave

You guys hang in there and be safe. Look at the bright side, as long as the power stays on, even if you are snowed in you can watch non-stop campaign commercials.

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Staggerwing

It's looking like Jersey/MBDC is the likely landfall. That means that Long Island (JH's Redoubt) and Southern New England (my Shoreline Shack) are gonna catch the North (hard) side of the Storm's edge. It's gonna hover over the Tristate area and then cut PA in half after which it'll work it's way up along the Hudson through the center of NY State (Gus' Green Acres).

This could get interesting... again.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 27, 2012, 05:52:28 PM
It's looking like Jersey/MBDC is the likely landfall. That means that Long Island (JH's Redoubt) and Southern New England (my Shoreline Shack) are gonna catch the North (hard) side of the Storm's edge. It's gonna hover over the Tristate area and then cut PA in half after which it'll work it's way up along the Hudson through the center of NY State (Gus' Green Acres).

This could get interesting... again.

I am in northwest NJ so I'll be right in the center of it as well.  I just went to the gas station to fill up the car and fill some gas cans for the generator.  The place was mobbed and the attendant said they had run out earlier in the day and just recieved a new load of gas about an hour ago and were going to run out before the night was over.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."