Main Menu

Recent posts

Wargame Design Studio / WDS Discounts
Last post by rahamy - March 25, 2024, 03:55:50 PM
As a first post in this section I want to highlight discount pricing that is regularly available to everyone.

• Beginning in February of 2024 we instituted a new program called "Game of the Week". This features a new title every week discounted 25% off our normal pricing. Sale price is $29.95.
  • Always in effect - if you purchase $199 or more in a single purchase 20% will be taken off the top at checkout.
  • Then, every 6 months we have a store wide sale where every title in our catalog is on sale that has been released longer than a year.

While you browse our catalog you will see the fruit of 20+ years of development. But a key point to note is - none of the games are "stuck" where they were released, rather updates are regularly released bringing new functionality, fixing any compatibility issues with new OS releases, and adding in new content for these existing titles. So for all practical purposes, a purchase of a WDS title is an investment - not a one off purchase, as you will be able to play the game for years to come.

You can see our entire product list here - All WDS Titles

---------------

We will post updates to this thread each week as we announce the new game of the week. I'll post the name so you'll see it, but the linked blog post is to not just reiterate that - but rather it goes into further depth of what is included in the game plus additional outside resources so you can see what others say about the game - and be able to read up on the historical context of the topic at hand.
Wargame Design Studio / Re: New forum exclusively for ...
Last post by rahamy - March 25, 2024, 03:46:02 PM
Thank you sir, will be posting regularly!  :3musketeer:

Music, TV, Movies / Re: "Masters Of The Air" - fro...
Last post by ArizonaTank - March 25, 2024, 02:49:42 PM
Quote from: Windigo on March 25, 2024, 12:46:38 PM
Quote from: Destraex on March 20, 2024, 02:41:40 AMI hated the diversions from the air war story and did not find the later episodes especially had enough air war action. I know some will say that would have got stale but I disagree if they did it properly. Aftet all band of brothers managed to do it well enough. Memphis Bell is still a better b17 show to watch imho.
They just needed to focus properly and show and explain tactics in the air.

Maybe because it's cheaper than cgi? I don't know.

Imagine if Halo had not been an angst filled mellow drama - and instead put more action into it?

I suspect it had more to do with just providing what they thought was variety in the story line. I think for most of us on this forum, that was probably not a good choice. Most of us could easily baste happily in a dozen episodes of just bomb runs. However, for the more general, less interested in military history audience (like my wife), the variety in the story may have been welcome. Just a thought...
Wargame Design Studio / Re: New forum exclusively for ...
Last post by Gusington - March 25, 2024, 01:50:59 PM
Welcome!
Wargame Design Studio / New forum exclusively for WDS ...
Last post by Jarhead0331 - March 25, 2024, 01:15:43 PM
Welcome WDS to our Grog Friends and Affiliates hang out. Expect to find all the latest announcements and updates on your favorite WDS titles here!

:notworthy:
Music, TV, Movies / Re: If you love Guy Ritche mov...
Last post by Windigo - March 25, 2024, 12:50:11 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 15, 2024, 11:25:30 PMthen you'll love The Gentleman  :ThumbsUp:

It's interesting how directors and producers can impart a certain style or ambiance to their films ....

Michael Bay does Barbie.....   millions of boy relieve their childhood, torturing their sisters with how they treated their dolls.
Music, TV, Movies / Re: "Masters Of The Air" - fro...
Last post by Windigo - March 25, 2024, 12:46:38 PM
Quote from: Destraex on March 20, 2024, 02:41:40 AMI hated the diversions from the air war story and did not find the later episodes especially had enough air war action. I know some will say that would have got stale but I disagree if they did it properly. Aftet all band of brothers managed to do it well enough. Memphis Bell is still a better b17 show to watch imho.
They just needed to focus properly and show and explain tactics in the air.

Maybe because it's cheaper than cgi? I don't know.

Imagine if Halo had not been an angst filled mellow drama - and instead put more action into it?
Current Events / Re: Russia's War Against Ukrai...
Last post by Uberhaus - March 25, 2024, 12:18:18 PM
The Bayraktar has had trouble with being jammed on the fronts.  Maybe a brilliant Russian stratagem would be to divert its EW assets away from frontlines, HQs and logistics hubs in order to protect its petroleum industry. 

As to Fearless LeaderTM, he's kind of quiet today:  https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/russian-spies-furious-with-putin-over-moscow-attack-the-tough-guy-didn-t-keep-us-safe/ar-BB1kv08D 
QuoteRussia expert Mark Galeotti of the Royal United Services Insititute has revealed that some sources within the Russian security services are furious with Putin for trying to blame the attack on Ukraine.He told Times Radio: "The main thing I am getting from contacts within the Russian security apparatus is obviously a deep sense of shame about the fact that this was allowed to happen.

"But, frankly, even amongst them, exasperation with Putin over him trying to claim that this is something that it isn't. In other words, an attack from Ukraine rather than an ISIS terror incident."

He added: "I think it is clear that whatever Putin may be saying for public consumption, the Russian state's working assumption is absolutely that this is ISIS-K."
Enigmas of the Mystical / Re: More Pix For A Laugh
Last post by Windigo - March 25, 2024, 12:14:12 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 15, 2024, 11:52:19 PMI have ideas for us Windy.

:TimeOut:  I do not hate the world that much, to do such a thing.

Although the shorts and white socks are very cool.    :ThumbsUp:
Current Events / Re: Russia's War Against Ukrai...
Last post by Windigo - March 25, 2024, 10:24:52 AM
Going after the distillation/fractionalization units... smart.
Those are the towers that do the actual separation of crude oil into its component parts. Near the top of the tower is where the lighter components get pulled out. Butane, propane, condensates.... they cut the video off I think because there would be a nice flare off of the flammable gases there, not good for Russian propaganda purposes.....

If there was a good burn, that tower is toast. Takes months to rebuild/replace them.