Pictures of your recent tabletop games...

Started by TheCommandTent, March 28, 2012, 07:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

While this thread is not specifically for AARs I figured this section of the forum would be a good place to post pictures of your latest tabletop exploits.  Anything from minis, RPGs, wargames and everything else that is played on a table will do!

I know that I for one enjoy seeing what everyone else is playing.   :D

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

TheCommandTent

Here is one from this past weekend to get us started.  My wife, a friend and I all played Power Grid.  In which I barely pulled off a victory!  It was the first time we had ever played, and I am sure we did something wrong.  Btw I am the blue houses on the board.

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

TheCommandTent

Last night and tonight have consisted of putting 345 stickers on small blocks for my most recent acquisition Command and Colors Ancients from GMT.  I have all the Roman units done and now it is on to the Carthaginians.

Bison

I've considered getting Command and Colors for sometime now. 

Arctic Blast

Ah yes, I remember going through that for C&C Napoleonics. Great game, but good grief does stickering all of that take awhile!

By the way, TDC, if you're looking for an actually decent set of dice for it, Valley Games makes sets of wooden embossed and lacquered dice for both of the C&C games. I picked up the ones for Nappy and they're a solid improvement over what was in the box.

http://valleygames.ca/our-games/accessories/command-and-colors-ancients-dice/

TheCommandTent

^Thanks for the link I will definitely look into getting those.  I thought the dice that came with the game did not match the style of the rest of the components but these look like they do.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: TheCommandTent on March 30, 2012, 07:26:39 AM
^Thanks for the link I will definitely look into getting those.  I thought the dice that came with the game did not match the style of the rest of the components but these look like they do.

Yeah, if the dice in the box are anything like the ones Nappy came with, they're horrible. Everything else in there is so nice that I was actually a bit stunned.

DV8

Below is the link to the pictures from a recent friendly FoW at the Game Vault in Fredericksburg, VA.  We had a late war battle between the Germans and Americans with 5250 points per side.  If you are every in the area you need to check out this store.

https://picasaweb.google.com/matthew.yeatman/GameVault?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKH34pnUoba48AE&feat=directlink
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

TheCommandTent

LongBlade

Quote from: DV8 on April 14, 2012, 06:35:13 AM
Below is the link to the pictures from a recent friendly FoW at the Game Vault in Fredericksburg, VA.  We had a late war battle between the Germans and Americans with 5250 points per side.  If you are every in the area you need to check out this store.

https://picasaweb.google.com/matthew.yeatman/GameVault?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKH34pnUoba48AE&feat=directlink

Great stuff. We need to get some buildings.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

A friend of mine recently purchased Combat Commander Europe.  We had never played it before so we jumped into it the other night.  It was a fun game although I am sure we did some things wrong.  I am looking forward to trying it again.

GroggyGrognard

These are some pics from the Waterloo scenario in the Commands & Colors: Napoleonics game. A buddy and I played it this past weekend.  He was the French and I was the Allies.  The pics were taken from my camera phone, so the picture quality isn't all that great.

Battle of Waterloo, only a few turns after the we started.  The French already had three cavalry units slashing into my lines. One of them on my left flank, one in the middle, behind La Haye Sainte, and one on my right flank, behind Hougoumont.  This was due to the fact that my opponent played two Cavalry Charge cards for two consective turns and was able to move the French cavalry quickly up to my Allied lines.

Charge of the French Guard Heavy Cavalry behind British and Portuguese lines near La Haye Sainte.

Charge of the French Cuirassier Cavalry, behind and near Hougoumont. Naturally, my Guard Grenadiers on the neighboring hill were in square formation.

The Waterloo scenario in C&C: Napoleonics is one of the best scenarios in the game--although my opponent and I discovered after three games straight that it is tough for the Allies to win. (part of this could be due to the fact that I rolled like crap that night!) Needless to say, my opponent won all three games as the French.
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

TheCommandTent

^Looks like alot of fun and alot less sand then C&C Ancients :)

TheCommandTent

A great Pirate themed game that I would suggest for anyone who enjoys boardgames and Pirates.  My wife even really enjoyed it.

I give you 'Merchants and Marauders.'   
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/25292/merchants-marauders

TheCommandTent

This a game of 'Nuts!' that I played a while back.  I just stumbled across the picture on my computer so I thought I would share it.