B-29 Superfortress: Bombers Over Japan, 1944-1945 (Discussion Thread)

Started by BanzaiCat, August 20, 2014, 07:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

BanzaiCat

Yeah, keep going. You might regurgitate something epic. These are good, not quite epic though.

Puns don't kill people...puns do.

mirth

BanzaiCat

OK, I put together a few ideas in a couple of minutes in Photoshop. So they're not perfect, but I can fix 'em this weekend if I need to. The original idea, Show Time, then The Expundables, and finally (and actually my favorite of the three), Miss Punctuality.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Staggerwing

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 22, 2014, 01:00:44 PM
And co-pilot for me!

I can flap the wings with my mind and push the plane along if the cockpit gets all shot up!  :D

Please tell me you got that from a very old sci fi short story- I read it many many years ago and can't remember the name of it.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

BanzaiCat

Alright then. I'll make it "Miss Punctuality."

Wanted to make the "Pun" part all caps, but it doesn't look good in that font...and I think the font looks pretty awesome as is. I could overthink this for hours and end up having the plane crash on takeoff on Mission 1. So unless there's any strong objections...Miss Punctuality it is!

undercovergeek, I'mma give you that last slot. Bob nominated you and I might get started with this tomorrow if I have time. Otherwise Sunday will be the first play through I think.

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 21, 2014, 07:33:25 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on August 21, 2014, 07:10:20 PM
I volunteer for Central Fire Controller. 

Or Bombardier if CFC is already taken.   But you don't want that kind of curse on your bomb accuracy, do you?  :P  It would be a shame travelling so far just to blow up an empty rice paddy or baby milk factory.  Well, the latter might be somewhat worthwhile in the long run.  ;)

Someone's gotta do it, so I'll put you in the Bombadier's position. You're an officer now, congratulations. And oh yeah, we might all die on takeoff on the first mission anyway when those big ass bombs blow up after we crash land, and who's fault will that be? This guy, not you.

Though they WOULD be 'your' bombs, technically...

In any case, welcome aboard.  :crazy2:

What about when the Flight Engineer can't put out an engine fire?  Should we blame the Pilot or the Flight Engineer?

I suspect this is how we will all die.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Nefaro on August 23, 2014, 01:15:11 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 21, 2014, 07:33:25 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on August 21, 2014, 07:10:20 PM
I volunteer for Central Fire Controller. 

Or Bombardier if CFC is already taken.   But you don't want that kind of curse on your bomb accuracy, do you?  :P  It would be a shame travelling so far just to blow up an empty rice paddy or baby milk factory.  Well, the latter might be somewhat worthwhile in the long run.  ;)

Someone's gotta do it, so I'll put you in the Bombadier's position. You're an officer now, congratulations. And oh yeah, we might all die on takeoff on the first mission anyway when those big ass bombs blow up after we crash land, and who's fault will that be? This guy, not you.

Though they WOULD be 'your' bombs, technically...

In any case, welcome aboard.  :crazy2:

What about when the Flight Engineer can't put out an engine fire?  Should we blame the Pilot or the Flight Engineer?

We should probably just blame the Japs. It's better for crew morale.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18